SAU Community

Powercruise 2010!

NYTSKY

they have fudged it! bastards. So sorry if we bring some originality to the event s.o.b.s I have a feeling that whole event was run by bikies too.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not dirty on Gup or the event, I had a ball, by far the best event I've entered.

I just know for next time how I'll play ball :)

And no Paul, didn't get a trophy or $$$, the respect it gained after murdering that many bigger cars all weekend was enough to make me happy, plenty of people showed their appreciation afterwards, it was very rewarding.

nah I was on the roof top (closer and better viewing) catching some cancer. Man it was hot that day. Did you find out who won the 0-200 sprint? the gsr evo looked like a good contender.

is that the gsr you're talking about?? thats mine :), i was flogging a few and in the line up they would change my lanes and put me up against some v8 drag monster, on sunday when gup was the starter for the drags he said to me at the start line that the guy next to me was gonna chop me, which i already sorta knew...

and PJ the announcer kept calling your car a skyline lol people in the crowd would start talkin shit how he doesnt know cars etc etc then some guy said its not a skyline its a s14 lol

post-27255-1267574828_thumb.jpg

is that the gsr you're talking about?? thats mine :), i was flogging a few and in the line up they would change my lanes and put me up against some v8 drag monster, on sunday when gup was the starter for the drags he said to me at the start line that the guy next to me was gonna chop me, which i already sorta knew...

and PJ the announcer kept calling your car a skyline lol people in the crowd would start talkin shit how he doesnt know cars etc etc then some guy said its not a skyline its a s14 lol

Haha that's hilarious. Ahhh dear...

Gup asked me at the line whether my car was 4WD...

yeah silver and it had big chunky spoke chromies and was fairly low...

not sure what his sau name is. he was behind me for part of the sau putty cruise. And I think I saw you run him in the 0-200m sprint. He had a big fmic and a loud bov. you want to know what engine setup and boost he was running for bragging rights, correct?

check this out - a skyline giving it back to GUP at a QLD power cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyjWx9sC-64&NR=1

I'm not dirty on Gup or the event, I had a ball, by far the best event I've entered.

I just know for next time how I'll play ball :D

And no Paul, didn't get a trophy or $$$, the respect it gained after murdering that many bigger cars all weekend was enough to make me happy, plenty of people showed their appreciation afterwards, it was very rewarding.

Out of all the cars I was most impressed with yours in the Drag events. Some of the cars that you were lined up with had Monster Rear ends with huge rubber.Yet you were able to spank em.....Very impressive

I just know for next time how I'll play ball :D

hehe...its all good the G.U.P. is actually a joke 2rismo and i have. Stace leaned out the window at Jamboree and yelled out to him "Hey Guppy, where's our cheque and trophy...he yelled back "I don't owe you shit!" lol it was quite funny.

It was the booing as i was returning down pit lane after each win and the guys above the pits trying to spit on the car that was a real shame.

I lined up against the PROGPA VL on one run...he kept giving me the chopped scissors and yelling out how i was going to be served on toast etc...i slowed after winning so he was alongside me...he didn't even look over...GOLD!!!

Edited by Swiper the Fox

not sure what his sau name is. he was behind me for part of the sau putty cruise. And I think I saw you run him in the 0-200m sprint. He had a big fmic and a loud bov. you want to know what engine setup and boost he was running for bragging rights, correct?

check this out - a skyline giving it back to GUP at a QLD power cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyjWx9sC-64&NR=1

not so much bragging rights as i spanked him hard lol just keen to know what it had, im guessing it was only a gts-t as he kept dropping the clutch and spinning the rears on the way to the start line.

haha those guys in the skyline flogging gup are pretty damn happy about it lol

not so much bragging rights as i spanked him hard lol just keen to know what it had, im guessing it was only a gts-t as he kept dropping the clutch and spinning the rears on the way to the start line.

haha those guys in the skyline flogging gup are pretty damn happy about it lol

haha The fatman aka FATGTR chopping the Guppy...bet he wasn't so happy when Johnny 'Bolt King' Hyde handed him his arse later that day.

Out of all the cars I was most impressed with yours in the Drag events. Some of the cars that you were lined up with had Monster Rear ends with huge rubber.Yet you were able to spank em.....Very impressive

Cheers mate, as happy as I am with the result, the last couple of days I've still been thinking about what I could have done on a set of ET Streets! Next year...

But I took it to the track exactly how I drive it on the street, still a huge amount of fun.

hehe...its all good the G.U.P. is actually a joke 2rismo and i have. Stace leaned out the window at Jamboree and yelled out to him "Hey Guppy, where's our cheque and trophy...he yelled back "I don't owe you shit!" lol it was quite funny.

It was the booing as i was returning down pit lane after each win and the guys above the pits trying to spit on the car that was a real shame.

I lined up against the PROGPA VL on one run...he kept giving me the chopped scissors and yelling out how i was going to be served on toast etc...i slowed after winning so he was alongside me...he didn't even look over...GOLD!!!

Still cut up about Bathurst maybe 20 years on?

They're the best wins, Paul. You never forget the memory of winning when someone talks smack and then you school them. Love it.

Poor V8 bogons/cavemen. I had a few times were I had the chop sign out the window as a couple of blown V8 Taxis would come around laughing on Friday & Saturday during the Powercruise. Was so good slowing down to see them come out of the smoke trail with priceless looks on their dials....(this may be why I had no 2nd gear left...lol). Like PJ I turned up with a set of street tyres and fueled up at the Shell down the road (true street car style). I think its about time a larger gathering of the non V8's turned up to one of these events and cleaned their attitudes and tanned their hides :spank: . I'm sure if we cop this attitude here, the boys in Qld would of had the same reception and would be willing to do a joint effort to teach the cave men a hard lesson. Imagine all the top prizes being taken out by 4 & 6 cylinders..... :D

Not wrong about the cavemen.Being in the crowd can be a little intimidating too.Most of these guys are Bikie looking, Covered in Tattoos, wearing the mandatory Ed Hardy T shirt. Look just like extras from a Mad Max movie.....So much for Human evolution improving with each generation

Poor V8 bogons/cavemen. I had a few times were I had the chop sign out the window as a couple of blown V8 Taxis would come around laughing on Friday & Saturday during the Powercruise. Was so good slowing down to see them come out of the smoke trail with priceless looks on their dials....(this may be why I had no 2nd gear left...lol). Like PJ I turned up with a set of street tyres and fueled up at the Shell down the road (true street car style). I think its about time a larger gathering of the non V8's turned up to one of these events and cleaned their attitudes and tanned their hides :) . I'm sure if we cop this attitude here, the boys in Qld would of had the same reception and would be willing to do a joint effort to teach the cave men a hard lesson. Imagine all the top prizes being taken out by 4 & 6 cylinders..... :spank:

Top job wish i'd of been there,nothing better than kicking a bit of bogan arse. :D

i flogged my share of V8 monsters in the drags and cruise sessions but i had more fun flogging the imports in the cruise sessions cause they were more street orientated, 95% of the V8's on track had big top loaders, superchargers and carbys hanging out 2ft in the air, massive 10inch slick or bigger, open exhaust/no exhaust running c16 or similar so it isnt exactly a fair fight 90% were either "shed" machines (not street machines) dyno queens or trailer queens so being able to keep up or get 2-3cars pulled on you isnt that bad at all...

but yeah still fun to give it to the v8 boys :D i will be back again next year and the plan is to have another 50-80kw at least which should see me in with more of a chance and to flog the guys that flogged me. but the reality is that its powercruise, there will always be someone faster than you there - 500hp street rego'd cars vs 2000hp fully blown drag cars....

Read the rules last night for the drags, it says you are allowed to cut grooves into slicks if you want. Not that I'd bother but yeah, next year the radials will be left in the garage... ET Streets :laugh:

Edited by PJ.

• Latest Posts

• One of my questions about this was how/if the R34 GTR strut is different to the R34 GTT (I mean it could easily be). In my car, the 18x9+30 feels like it is 0.0001mm from the strut with a 265 on it. Given a 10.5 +15 is closer to the strut than an 18x9+30, it would certainly foul... surely I am encouraged that a 19x11+25 would need a spacer to clear the R34 GTR suspension arms at least!
    • I was super whining about this for years by upgrading the front BBK, leaving the stock rear brakes, and not updating the BMC. The moment I did that I felt the front actually get the pressure it actually wanted, and it you know... worked
    • We're is the best place to buy the top panel on the sturt tower.My er34 is  starting to show a small sign of rust.
    • They replace springs for sure. The remade in USA throttle springs feel much stiffer than the originals. 
    • Lol, yeh...the things we tell ourselves. I slap my motors together myself and havent lost one yet. ECU setup is worth 6 times any motor i have built....lol so....yeh its masturbatory    Help me Steve, got an Emtron KV8 and thinking P14 Black Box with C127 or AEM ED7/ CD7.  Ive got my old Aim MXL and Race Technology DASH2 so no rush for dashes; next step is PDM with PWM as i still street drive the old girl and fuel does warm up with 550l/min cranking through the lines just potting around along with thermo fans   Lol justvspent 14hrs doing my wiring diagrams in CAD to help work out wtf im doing