SAU Community

F_ing cops

b_riddles

Not really, When i was on my p's i head a cooler,exhaust, podys,bov's car to low etc... i use to get pulled over by the same officer and he would just dick me for the same things when i take them on and off.

No, same again. Maybe go about it a smarter way though, get a turn back cooler so there is no hole, leave the airbox in and don't put the blow off valve back on. Get a decent exhaust that isn't too loud and you could even hide a bleed valve (I did). I also put a Power FC in and screwed the stock Nissan ECU faceplate on (tight fit but you can).

As I said, this time go smart and they wont get you, they never got me again :(

No, same again. Maybe go about it a smarter way though, get a turn back cooler so there is no hole, leave the airbox in and don't put the blow off valve back on. Get a decent exhaust that isn't too loud and you could even hide a bleed valve (I did). I also put a Power FC in and screwed the stock Nissan ECU faceplate on (tight fit but you can).

As I said, this time go smart and they wont get you, they never got me again :(

What did you do with the HC? Or do you not have one?

recently i got a canary for my exhaust, intercooler, bov etc.. i removed it all, patched the hole and is now stock..

is there a harsher punishment if i get dicked again with the same mods?

cheers,

mate 2nite i got the most fkn bullshit defect. exhaust too low, fair enough i dont mind getting it raised and a rwc. that would have cost me $60. instead he lists it as a major defect and a $300 fine. WTF? i was done 20+km over the speed limit and the fine was less that that. also, he didnt tick the RWC box. since when is height a major defect with such a fkn huge fine?

I was under the impression that the law was "lowest part of the vehicle no lower than 100mm above the ground (maybe it's 90mm can't remember) so yeah it's a defect but Major, I suppose it depends how low it is

Its up to them to decide whether major or minor whether you get a fine or not and also whether you get points aswel, ive always gotten major defects and all with rwc, theve given me a major just for pod and rwc and fine, it depends on how much of a tight ass the cop is and yeah with the exhust being to low they love that on skylines always check that first , i got a major for being a couple of mm to low with a rwc like i said depends on the cop

I was under the impression that the law was "lowest part of the vehicle no lower than 100mm above the ground (maybe it's 90mm can't remember) so yeah it's a defect but Major, I suppose it depends how low it is

yeh i think hes just another of those racist f**ker cops. din bat an eye lid at all the holdens driving past over the limit with exhausts that sound like a fart in a milo tin but once he saw me he took off like a bat outta hell to catch me

not always, a lot of mods can be considering minor or major depending on the cop and the driver. major is usually safety wise, ie, bald tyres ect. major for too low is a dick move unless springs are cut. then its understandable.

Edited by Peter89

yeh i think hes just another of those racist f**ker cops. din bat an eye lid at all the holdens driving past over the limit with exhausts that sound like a fart in a milo tin but once he saw me he took off like a bat outta hell to catch me

Were you doing 20k over the limit when you were busted or are you saying the fine for doing 20k over the limit is less?

The defect is at Police digression, if they want to ream you they will. If they see previous offences etc they are more likely to ass f@*k you.

I didnt kno aftermarket ecu's were defectable..why is that?

Yes, it's due to emission laws. If you alter air/fuel etc then you change the emission's.

Yes, it's due to emission laws. If you alter air/fuel etc then you change the emission's.

Ohh,i didnt kno cops actually looked at them for defects,,lol dodgy dodgy..

but doesnt that make it illegal for apexi to sell pfc's or haltech to sell their units in australia?