SAU Community

Import Dealers ...............

ripstah

• 3 weeks later...

yea edward lee are pretty dodgy... i went there to buy my first skyline, almost had me going... but at a closer look, small dents, scratches, obvious rust, and the side skirt was falling off! i proposed an offer of 12k drive away, edward said yeap u can have it now... when i went in to talk final, he was like, "well the final amount will be a little more"...1.5k more, so i walked out fuming... but thats my experience

HAHA yer i got my GTS4 s2 form edward lee, wanted 15k, i offered him 12. He sed no so i walked off, 200m down the road i see him running down the street telling me to come back, walked back with him and ended up getting it for 10 and half with rego and warranty.

A bit dodgy, car has shit snow tires on them, while the owner was telling me "look at the good tires they come with" Mechanically nothing wrong with the car tho.

Well I went and spoke to the guys at The Toy Shop near Newcastle. They seem like a nice bunch of blokes that sound like they know what they are on about as far as importing vehicles.

Still undecidd as for what to do. I aint even driven a Stagea yet.

I had a pretty ordinary experience. Bought an r33 sedan, and although it was a very clean car there were a few things a miss .

- Pics on their website showed clear indicators on the front quarters, they'd been replaces with stock amber ones when I got there to pick it up.

- The car had been newly registered, I presume roadworthy done by their workshop, but as soon as I drove it I knew the bushes were busted as the car was pulling all over the place... which is a roadworthy issue in NSW too I would assume? I had to replace them to pass QLD safety certificate.

- Tyres were unroadworthy with bad camber wear. Had to put new rubber on all 4 corners.

I decided these things weren't enough to turn me off the car because of its condition... but I won't be going back. Cost me near 2k to get it on road on top of purchase price.

• 1 year later...

I am currently in the process of getting my M35 Stagea from North Shore Prestige. The past month I have dealt with Edward Lee and MDT Revesby. Both are very DODGY! Steer clear! North Shore have been fantastic to deal with and all their vehicles are mint condition. They ship to any capitol city Australia wide too for all you Interstate buyers. I can't recommend them enough, just ask for Ben and he will look after you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I know its an Australian Site here but does anyone know of any import sites that would get to NZ or is there a way to get an import to Aus over to NZ?

PS aussie stuck in nz, its worth helping me out :P

Kristian can probs do it :)

Ps why are Edward lees allowed to have the living shit bagged out of them constantly on this forum (rightly so or not, fact is, they are allowed to be bagged out) meanwhile certain compliance workshops here out west get protected and receive warnings if we bring up their rip off dealings

Hey I know its an Australian Site here but does anyone know of any import sites that would get to NZ or is there a way to get an import to Aus over to NZ?

PS aussie stuck in nz, its worth helping me out :P

Email the dude in my sig...

• 3 weeks later...

Kristian can probs do it :)

Ps why are Edward lees allowed to have the living shit bagged out of them constantly on this forum (rightly so or not, fact is, they are allowed to be bagged out) meanwhile certain compliance workshops here out west get protected and receive warnings if we bring up their rip off dealings

It's a strange thing considering EL have threatened legal action on other forums I'm on for bad words said about them but they haven't found this section of SAU it would seem.