SAU Community

Is It Worth Conversation From Rb25de To Rb25det

Hi there I currently have a skyline 34 RB25DE, is it worth the conversation or should I just get a half cut of a RB25DET or RB26DETT hand anyone done it? As far as I know the RB25DE is alot different from RB25DET anyone know how much It may cost parts + labour

ive thought about it but its not really worth it unless you dont want to part with your car its easier to buy one thats factory turbo and go from there

+1 sell it and buy a turbo.

paid 1.8k+1.5k(motor) for labour and parts for my conversion, it was a str8 swap but had a lot of missing bits and pieces, JUST labour I would estimate at least 1k. Only did the turbo conversion cos I wanted to keep my 4WD but if i had a GTST I would of sold it and got a turbo!

im looking to sell the gt25 and go the gtt when im unrestricted in January.

Conversion or rb25de+t is a bit of a run around and may be costly depending on what you want.

Have spoken to dori34 about it briefly though (rb25de+t), his car looks and sounds amazing.

+1 sell it and buy a turbo.

paid 1.8k+1.5k(motor) for labour and parts for my conversion, it was a str8 swap but had a lot of missing bits and pieces, JUST labour I would estimate at least 1k. Only did the turbo conversion cos I wanted to keep my 4WD but if i had a GTST I would of sold it and got a turbo!

ive got a s2 33 gts4 and would only sell if you can get a gtst in AWD, not sure if you can tho??

if not engine conversion from a awd stagea will fit right in?

ive got a s2 33 gts4 and would only sell if you can get a gtst in AWD, not sure if you can tho??

if not engine conversion from a awd stagea will fit right in?

they didnt make an awd gtst for the 33, only the 32 has an awd gtst.

If your a p-plater with future aspirations of getting a turbo then get a gt-v. I scored a gt-v for 15k. Manual with all the turbo bits. engine... maybe 2-2.5 k and 1k labour maybe more. And at the time a allready turbo one was AT LEAST 20k. So in the end of the day I'm saving money. And if not i loose some but have a skyline on my p's and not some shitbox. And besides, if you wanna smack on serious power, your saving money since the engine is out of the car=quicker easier and yeah... engine swapping isn't as expensive as most think.

If you get a straight up n/a then no, coz of the breaks and hassle but get a gt-v like me and youll be fine :-)

Sell it get a turbo best thing I regretted doing mine ended up costing too much

parts were like 800 for turbo + injectors + manifold + dump pipe + front pipe

then cooler which was 350 then power fc which was 1500

then clutch + labour 800

then 2500 all up for labour of conversion + few lines made up + tuning + few other bits and pieces

then came random small expenses like bov + cross over pipe

so what's that roughly 6k

I could have dropped a gtr motor in there for 6k and lived happily!!!

Im thinking of doing the RB25DE+T mod also.

I have most of the turbo parts left over from my R33 GTS25t. Was thinking of bolting them on to my R34 25GT, I bought the car for $4800 so still ends up been a cheap turbo R34 if I do it.

Can the factroy ECU and injectors on the R34 25GT handle 6psi? OR would they shit them selves if I chucked on the R33 turbo parts and just started driving it?

Edited by daxter