SAU Community

Air Con

BROCKDOE

Check in the engine bay fuse box. I don't know if the 33 has a fuse or relay there, but it might be worth a look.

yer checked there too. swapped the AC one with one of the others under there that had same thing plugged in...

also pulled out fan speed control unit cause it lookd dodge and resoldered... still no dice.

'the whole unit doesn't power on. no display or lights turn on...

and its getttttin warm now too! curse you summer!

do u mean just the a/c button wont work or the whole climate control unit doesnt work?

i take it your talking about the whole climate control display so i doubt the compressors at fault, if u have checked ALL fuses and relays properly, the next thing u can do is check that theres power behind the climate control unit.

OR seeing as its just happend after u jump started it, i cant realy see how it would happen but u may have fried the climate control unit seeing as its electronic but id always thought if it was jump started wrong the ECU would get fried 1st. were the jumper leads protected by a suppressor or anything? quite a few r33s getting wrecked here in perth on these forums so u could probly pick up a climate control unit for under 50bux atleast it eliminates that.

or take it to an auto sparky lol

would the compresser effect the LED screen in the Control Unit because it doesnt even seem to turn on at all... no screen lights or numbers are displayed... even tried the self diagnostic thing where ya hold down the off button for 10 secs. no dice.

Ahh, the CCU won't turn on.

Okay, by looking for fuses I assumed that the unit was working but the compressor wasn't.

I'll agree with jimmys-33T, the CCU sounds like it's fried.

Ask around and see if someone will let you borrow one to see if a unit swap will work.

The last thing you want to do is to buy one and find out that the issue is somewhere else.

oooh haha didnt see that post. must have replied as i was. yerr ill have to give another unit a go. i will exhaust all options before takin it to autosparky... way to stubborn to admit defeat haha