SAU Community

Sherrifs Dept Blitz Today @ Chaddy

Mean_R34

I was at Chaddy about an hour ago and noticed a few guys walking around the carpark in what appeared to be police unifroms and fluro yellow vests. On closer inspection, they were Sheriffs.

Then I saw a white Camry with UHF antennae on the boot followed by 2 identical cars. The lead car had a camera mounted above the rear door. Had a chat to one of them and it turns out they drive through the carparks slowly and the camera reads number plates, flagging anyone with outstanding fines. They found one next to my car and clamped it. They put massive stickers on the cars windows.

On the other side of the carpark was what looked like a booze bus. They must have been 20 of these white Camrys parked around it.

I guess it's not suprising considering the millions of dollars of outstanding fines. Shopping centres hold a high density of cars and the owners aren't around whilst the clamps are atttached.

Not a bad idea, coz suddenly the tables are turned and now the wanted have to chase up the Sheriffs.

post-18271-1259743470_thumb.jpg

post-18271-1259743508_thumb.jpg

post-18271-1259743534_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha sucked in! It would suck big time to go out spending money you thought you had (but should have paid fines with), then come back arms full of bags to find that car was clamped.

http://online.fines.vic.gov.au/fines/Conte...=1&l=107-50

"It is a serious offence to tamper with or remove a wheel clamp that has been fitted to a vehicle. The maximum penalty for a first offence is in excess of $6,805* or six months imprisonment."

Also read somewhere a while back that Sheriffs have been advised to take pictures of the cars location when they've put the wheel clamp on to avoid people removing them and denying that the clamp was ever fitted.

Just spoke to a mate who is part of the operation at the moment. He drives one of those camry's daily but it doesnt have the camera in it.

But they all carry wheel locks. I must say though some of the stories he has told me and the scum he deals with I don't blame them for doing things like this.

He has this huge folder of names, listed in priority and he just works through them...