SAU Community

R34 Four Door Questions And Enquiries

Ezy03

Also the non-turbo R34 has vvt (compared to the non-turbo R33 and R32), I find the powerband is wider, therefore you don't need to flog it as hard when driving it around town. I suppose the advantage of owning any skyline is the large number of braking and handling mods.

You are talking about VCT(variable cam timing).no RB engines have VVT(variable valve timing).

Also non-turbo R33s had VCT as well, its just set different on 34s.

Doesn't negate body style but afaik ER34 is turbo,EN34 is non turbo and at a guess HR34 could be the RB20 model.

Nup - Mine is an ER34. Sedan, non-turbo 2.5.

I "think" the

R/N mean if it's RWD/AWD

E/H mean it Sedan/Coupe

Of course I could be totally wrong.

You are talking about VCT(variable cam timing).no RB engines have VVT(variable valve timing).

Also non-turbo R33s had VCT as well, its just set different on 34s.

They are essentially the "same" thing they both alter the valve timing. Reason being the camshafts drive the valves, so by altering the cam timing you are altering the valve timing....

But in saying that since this is a Skyline (Nissan) forum VCT is the more appropriate term :)

Nup - Mine is an ER34. Sedan, non-turbo 2.5.

I "think" the

R/N mean if it's RWD/AWD

E/H mean it Sedan/Coupe

Of course I could be totally wrong.

Alright I've got it. ER34 is rwd and ENR34 is awd. doesn't matter on turbo or body style.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently own a 1994 IMPUL R33-R, #103 , SEDAN 5 SPD, i jusst bought a 1998 r34 sedan gt-t auto.

i want to know what parts are interchangeable. these are curretly installed on the impul r33-r and impul parts mostly

hks intake filter,

exhaust (change the hangers),

rims(impul rs 17x8+35, 17x9+38),

sway bars,

front strut bar

front and rear seats,

steering wheel (913 clasonic with hub)

, ash tray

, brake pads rotors,

brake lines (doluck ss)

plus the blitz dsbc, hks turbo timer, greddy boost gauge, aem wideband (these are pretty generic so im sure about these)

so what it the same as a the gts25t (impul) sedan /r34 gtt sedan, whats different and what just needs a minor fab work?

• 5 months later...

what do people think of the non turbo version?

im on my p's and im really interested in the non turbo version, but people say its a complete hunk of junk.

i want to know the opinions of the skyline community.

also ive asked around and people think that its a hideous car?

i just bought mine and theyre not bad at all mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

All I gotta say if you like it go for it. I bought mine on my P plates drive it for 6 years gradually modifying it really fun car on Rails and now it's got a built Rb 2630. If you by one fist mods to get ls1 coils convention and Stelth automotive fuel pump.