SAU Community

Turbo Timers

slothvr4

My old 33 didn't have one in the 4 1/2 years I owned it & I didn't have any issues, I just left it idling while I sorted my shiz

+1

My car doesn't have one & haven't had any engine related problems with the 2.5 years I owned it. I use my watch for the 15 to 30secs timing :P

i think the reason its illegal is because it is then an insurance liability, walk away with it on someone jumps in you claim...all coz ur silly, that way it being illegal you cant claim= same money for insurers... im just assuming here

Rest assured your assumption is incorrect. Have you ever tried to turn your steering wheel without the key in the ignition? Doesn't turn very far does it... good ole steering lock

I've often wondered about the underlying issue though as from what I remember there are certain turbo diesel 4x4's etc which actually have turbo timers from factory. My turbo timer is an integral part of my immobilizer, and one of my buttons on my remote turns the motor off by remote. A lot of grey area here indeed.

from what I remember there are certain turbo diesel 4x4's etc which actually have turbo timers from factory.

and wrx's n evo's come stock with bonnet scoops, doesnt stop cops/pits from telling u their illegal :)

Front facing vents that aren't factory fitted need to pass criteria, and CAN be illegal.

Same with mascots, bonnet pins, etc ... anything that could be dangerous to somebody if they were hit by your rice rocket.

Guys, read the ADRs and VSB documents - don't just take a stab in the dark and dribble shit. This is why you all get yellow stickers.

Front facing vents that aren't factory fitted need to pass criteria, and CAN be illegal.

Same with mascots, bonnet pins, etc ... anything that could be dangerous to somebody if they were hit by your rice rocket.

Guys, read the ADRs and VSB documents - don't just take a stab in the dark and dribble shit. This is why you all get yellow stickers.

Yet you still see 4x4's and utes with massive steel gates on the front.

If they are supposed to stop the car getting damaged by cattle and roos, what are they gonna do to pedestrians etc.

But I guess it's ok since they are not carbon fibre right? lol

Like I said...criteria...go and do some reading.

Let me do it for you.

Start here:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/veh...etin/index.aspx

VSB14

-> BODY MODIFICATIONS

--> SECTION 4.1 + 4.2 (BONNET SCOOTS AND PROJECTIONS + BONNET PINS + MASCOTS)

I'm amazed the old WRXs arent illegal considering that writeup. They look like shit and are dangerous to both driver and the poor people they hit.

Hahahaha how many F*CKING DEFECT TOPICS DOES THERE NEED TO BE!!?!?!?11???

Seriously, all of you just stfu about it. c*nt got defected because his car has defects. yeah, cops were douches to him. cops are douches to all young people with more-than-a-getz-spec performance...

except for cefiro drivers. because we're f*cking awesome like Sam Elliott.

I'm amazed the old WRXs arent illegal considering that writeup. They look like shit and are dangerous to both driver and the poor people they hit.

Yeah they look retarded but so do WRX's anyway. :)

Apparently they need them 'cos of the top mounted intercooler though?