SAU Community

Fan Clutch

svarl

heya guys almost done getting my rb20det r32 back on the road but noticed i have alot of play in my fan clutch just wondering if anyone knows a good place to get one from or if anyone has a good cond used one? also would one of a r31 or vl commodore fit?

thanks mark

Last place I got a non-genuine fan clutch from was Motor Spares in Molonglo Mall Fyshwick.

That was for my old R33, and from memory cost something like $160, but still a lot cheaper than Nissan. That's just for the centre clutch, not including the fan.

clutchfan.jpg

see pic. I believe the one on the right is for a 32, the one on the right was the one taken off my car, I'm now running thermo fans.

The one on the left has one crack that I can see in it. The one on the right has multiple cracks. Although the centre should still be okay.

can have them both for 50$ if you want.

I paid $68 for a brand new nissan item from just jap.... not sure it is worth buying used at that price..

Settle down, was just having a bit of fun :P

and the 31/Vl clutch fan doesn't fit from memory, even if it did, they have almost half the air flow capacity.

I paid $68 for a brand new nissan item from just jap.... not sure it is worth buying used at that price..

Meh I don't really care, if anyone thinks im asking too much make an offer.

sorry mate i had not read you post and thought he was having no ;uck getting one at a reansonable price and I think 50 is OK when you consider freight.

Meh I don't really care, if anyone thinks im asking too much make an offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread is a bit old now, but rather than starting a new one, can i get some new thoughts and comments.

My thermo fan is on its way out... the clutch is beginning to make baring noises etc, i need to replace it asap. I also want to replace the fan itself as it has quite a few cracks in the base of it where it attaches.

My questions are, where can i get a replacement, i want one the same size so can keep using the shrouding etc. And what sort of price may i be looking at.

ALSO, anyone who has had to replace theirs or done a huge rebuild, how easy is it to change/remove, is it just the 4 main screws that i can see?

Is it worth getting a second hand one, or should I just go new. If i was to import one, where would I contact. What about the option of replacing it with a similar sized electric fan?

Thoughts, comments, advice and info appreciated asap! THANKS!

PS. I also need to replace my AC compressor... So i need to get a hold of one of those too.