SAU Community

Engine Not Turning Off

niran

hey everyone

Alright so the last week or so i have been getting a rb25det installed into my r32 gts-t, everything has been going fine in the conversion however there is one problem i have run into and that is the engine wont turn off. i do have a turbo timer (apexi pen) however i set that to off mode and yet after taking the key out off the ignition the car seems to keep running for 5-10 seconds and then turns off.

Would any body be able to give me some ideas into what i could check for, could it be something to do with the wiring? we used a rb25 ecu as the engine is a S2 rb25det with vct.

If any one could help or has run into the same issue before please let me know.

Cheers, Niran

Seeing as you've dropped a new engine in, I doubt this is the problem, but is there an alarm/immobiliser installed?

Some mongoose ones have built-in turbo timers that you wouldn't even realise are switched on, until you go to turn the car off..... and it stays on.... lol

dare say the turbo timer is still an issue, remove it or disconnect it fully and see how that goes.

hey man, will keep going through wires i doubt its that as i had the same one on the rb20 engine and when put on "off" mode it would turn car off as soon as the key was taken out

Seeing as you've dropped a new engine in, I doubt this is the problem, but is there an alarm/immobiliser installed?

Some mongoose ones have built-in turbo timers that you wouldn't even realise are switched on, until you go to turn the car off..... and it stays on.... lol

really, im not to sure exactly what one i have but i will look into that.. however this never happened with the rb20?? is there something that could have caused this to happen?

Edited by niran

how does the car turn off? is it an instant click and its off? or does it die down and kind of stall?

im glad you asked that, its a die down stall so basically its running then starts to stall and stop

sounds like something is backfeeding into your ingition, check all of your wiring as well as your earth points in the engine bay.

it could be your alternator or (most likely) another accessory that stays on 5sec after you turn the key off. stay in the car and switch it off, keep an eye/ear out for accessories (deck, lights, electric fans etc..) that stay on while the car is on, and turn off at the same time.

see if you can track it down that way.

is there anything special you've added to the car like electric fans? or is it a straight swap with nothing extra added?

sounds like something is backfeeding into your ingition, check all of your wiring as well as your earth points in the engine bay.

it could be your alternator or (most likely) another accessory that stays on 5sec after you turn the key off. stay in the car and switch it off, keep an eye/ear out for accessories (deck, lights, electric fans etc..) that stay on while the car is on, and turn off at the same time.

see if you can track it down that way.

is there anything special you've added to the car like electric fans? or is it a straight swap with nothing extra added?

hey man will try all this

was an upgraded fuel pump added/modified?

yes there was, we had a bit off problems with it from the start when trying to get it started, i have a r32 gtr fuel pump installed that then has been re-wired using the original fuel pump 12v as a trigger switch to run the new relay that feeds power straight from the battery so it gets 13.8 v constantly..

however this set up was run in the rb20 also, do you reckon this could be the problem?

i sure do.

use the standard 12v as your +ve terminal and see if it shuts off instantly. if it does, your relay is whats causing it to stay on.

awesome thanks man, will go to the workshop and try it out

niran

• 9 years later...