SAU Community

Rb30det Rx7

I farken hate you mate! Ive dreamt of doing that exact same project for so long. Ive always been torn because i love skylines as well.

Good luck with it though. Its looking awesome and im insanely jealous!

Question though? Have you beefed up those engine mounts anymore since the first pic of them. Where the two halfs join at the bend. It doesnt look to be very reinforced (gusseted) for the sort of weight that will be hanging off them. I know those drift cars can bounce around a fair bit on tracks and also when they run off the track and the hard suspension wont help it much either (though i am assuming you will be running hard springs as thats what most do when running *JAP* spec drifting coilovers.

thanks man ive been waiting for someone to like it as much as you lol

im waiting for my cousin to come back to finish off the fab, there is still a fair bit to do. he has to make my sump, dump pipe, other half of intercooler piping, modify turbo manifold to try and get the turbo under the bonnet, screemer pipe and reinforce the mounts plus solid mount the driver mount.

i am running D2 coilovers so it will jump around a bit

cheers mate

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear man. It just looks like is going to break not too long after you start any racing. But no doubt he will be able to slam it all and make it bullet proof.

Id love to see this thing one day. Its going to be fricken awesome!!

Good to hear man. It just looks like is going to break not too long after you start any racing. But no doubt he will be able to slam it all and make it bullet proof.

Id love to see this thing one day. Its going to be fricken awesome!!

haha yeah man im expecting to break an axle in the first hour lol but all good i picked up a spare diff today for it.

im going to put up shit loads of vids when it is done so no one will miss anything plus its also got a in car camera :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love it! So so wrong that it's very right. All common sense says it shouldn't be done, but ignoring that is often what makes the best cars.

I've heard the RB25 head is a bit harder to fit up than the 26 unit, did you have many issues?

I love it! So so wrong that it's very right. All common sense says it shouldn't be done, but ignoring that is often what makes the best cars.

I've heard the RB25 head is a bit harder to fit up than the 26 unit, did you have many issues?

lol nah not really its just the head that needs a oil gallery welded up and the block you just need to relocate the timing belt tensioner pulley.

ive had this project on hold for a few months because ive turboed my other rx7 but im going to build my proper engine for this one in the next month or so cheers

lol nah not really its just the head that needs a oil gallery welded up and the block you just need to relocate the timing belt tensioner pulley.

ive had this project on hold for a few months because ive turboed my other rx7 but im going to build my proper engine for this one in the next month or so cheers

Proper engine? How much more power do you need? *thinks about own plans* Oh, right.

Proper engine? How much more power do you need? *thinks about own plans* Oh, right.

haha yeah my proper engine. this was the dummy fit engine, the proper engine will make 600whp thats 455rwkw wich is insane but i say do it right the first time :thumbsup:

haha yeah my proper engine. this was the dummy fit engine, the proper engine will make 600whp thats 455rwkw wich is insane but i say do it right the first time :thumbsup:

600whp? Then I'll be watching this build VERY closely. Sounds like it'll be absolutely nuts when it's done. By the way, how does this car go for balance? Or shouldn't I ask?

i dont think it's terrible. just it wouldnt sound how i think it would if i saw it.

modded rx's sound insane and could make the 600atw easier and cheaper.

its fun to build a piston engine once in a while. just so many components and you have to keep opening it to find what was weak last time around.

should have done older supra or zx body, something less seen in drifting.

its sweet though.

600whp? Then I'll be watching this build VERY closely. Sounds like it'll be absolutely nuts when it's done. By the way, how does this car go for balance? Or shouldn't I ask?

haha yeah dont worry about ballance we will cross that bridge when we get there lol. the build is taking me ages because im only on a mechanics wage so funds are low and take time to save for good parts but trying to have it done and drifting this year.

i dont think it's terrible. just it wouldnt sound how i think it would if i saw it.

modded rx's sound insane and could make the 600atw easier and cheaper.

its fun to build a piston engine once in a while. just so many components and you have to keep opening it to find what was weak last time around.

should have done older supra or zx body, something less seen in drifting.

its sweet though.

you dont see too many rx7s drifting its more nissans and you might make 600hp with a rotor but for how long at least a rb will hold that power and be more reliable the only thing ill be changing all the time is diffs and driveshaft lol and occationally a gearbox but we will see how i go. if i dont break anything im not driving it hard enough :domokun: