SAU Community

Rust Free Coupe

passin ewe

Thought I'd post a couple of pics. My car has now had all visible rust removed with lots of new steel put in it's place. These pics are at guide coat stage, and it is smoooooth. Near all imperfections gone. New steel welded in around the boot, that strip that holds the boot rubber in place.Should be finished in two weeks. New colour: Bondi Bleach. New number plates: BLEACHED AS

post-44326-1263605865_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1263605942_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1263606075_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1264337979_thumb.jpgpost-44326-1264338178_thumb.jpg

The job so far. Also all other bits like flared guards, light surrounds and garnish are gloss black. Pick it up on Tuesday and should be assembled by Thursday. Then it's off to Bali, me that is for 6 nights.

Hi Drew, yeah I still want to swap something into it. I just know the L28 isn't going to give me the HP I want. It has to be boost or V8. V8 seems the easiest as there's no injection to set up and I have the go ahead from the Dep of Planning and Infrastructure here in W.A. I love V8s' and love me coupe, so? That 210 at Jollys' has the RB30 in it, now if I could get the relevant bits and pieces, mounts, gbox crossmember, I'm assuming it's had a RB box in it and that's why it's gone. Plus any special looms that have been made up, this could alter my thinking. I just want easy or easiest.

ANYBODY WANT TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT FOR ME? I pay by the hour. Message me if doable please.

Geez Ricky

I don't think a V8 would be a good idea mate.(IMHO)

L28 with tripple webbers would sound so cool with plenty of HP and be in keeping with the rest of the package.

Failing that stick with an RB20 or 25.

Looks great so far :D

Andrew, I actually have a friend who is trying to sell me a L28 turbo set up.54/P90 Microtech computer, sequential injection, brand new ball bearing turbo( large), motor is fully rebuilt, and comes with plumbing but to suit a Z. It's 8.5 compression and running low boost. Has already had 240hp@TW and is apparently good for up to 280 + some. Problem is the price, he wants my motor and another 8 grand, this is the installed price but it's just a bit exy. Would be nice to stick with a high HP old school motor.

Todat I'm going to compression test that 308, he wants $800 for it.

post-44326-1264678243_thumb.jpgpost-44326-1264678628_thumb.jpgpost-19495-1125201912.jpgStill needs a buff and the new rear flared guard put on. But the paint certainly improves it. I'll get the front springs cut to lower it a bit more soon. Oh and of course put the bumper back on. It's not a show car paint job, once buffed it'll look heaps better as it has a few blemishes here and there but it was noly $2500 and a lot of new steel went in to replace the rust and my patch ups. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome and it is the first car my mates painted in about 8 years.

post-44326-1264678791_thumb.jpg