SAU Community

R34 Gt - R34 Gtr Complete Conversion Help Needed

A-B_DR/fT-KinG!!

Hey Guys,

Before i start away, i want to mention, i used the search function and couldn't find all the help i needed.

ok, so i got an R34 GT, and am going to do a complete 34 GTR conversion to it which includes the following, Engine, Gearbox, Drivetrain, 4wd system, Brembos, Suspension, Interior and the whole lot. Now i was going to say, it is going to be daily, so i would like it to be liscenced with the swap over, anyone know if much work will be needed done? i read on engine swaps there is some form, but im assuming for this there should be more than that. if anyone knows any info would be awesomeness. oh and just so u know, i have all the parts already as i just bought a 34 GTR wreck.

cheers for any input guys

Hey

You will need to jump onto the DPI website and get a copy of their Vehicle Modification Application. Check The DPI Website here. and follow the links.

You'd submit that to DPI and wait for a response. Because your swapping engine, drive-train, suspension and brakes over I would hazard a guess that they would require you have the car engineer approved by one of their recommended independent engineers before taking the car over the pits for an inspection.

I am not sure if this will prove to be a feasible exercise. It would probably be more cost effective to sell the wreck and sell your car to buy yourself a GTR. Your insurance may also have a hard time covering the car (unless you go with someone dodgy like Just Cars)...

If your not swapping panels as well then a GTR in GTT's clothing would be quite the sleeper!

Edited by [ANGRY13]

Sounds like a good project but also sounds like bulk coin is going to be spent.

+1 on selling the wreck and buying a GTR instead, in the end I doubt you'll save much money and GTR's can be had for very decent prices these days.

Seeing as his already bought a 34 GTR wreck it can be done

As ANGRY said fill out the DPI modification application form and go from there

Then you will need an engineer to sign off the mods and take it through pits

"alot of work" ??...most if not all of it will bolt straight in. Guys...this HAS been done before.... R34 GT-T < R34 GTR running gear.

All the non GTR models have pre drilled holes and template lines where all the GTR gear goes.

It will take alot of time yeah, but there is no difficulty to it...if there is, you probably shouldn't be behind a 26DETT powered car anyway.

Passing the mods will be easy as well, since you're just upgrading to a higher model.

You only need to do the exact same work/permits as somebody upgrading a V6 commie to a V8.

Since you're operating on a different sub-chassis you will need some engineering, but again, that'll be easy to pass

And I dunno what all this "real GTR" business is about. No matter where in Perth, I'd sleep easier at night if it had a GT-T badge on it...GTRs do pull alot of attention...not something you always want.

...this HAS been done before.... R34 GT-T < R34 GTR running gear.

All the non GTR models have pre drilled holes and template lines where all the GTR gear goes.

Who has done this convo into a GT-T ?? like to see how they modified chassis rails

Pfft, I'd like to see how they fit the transfer case under the gtt floorpan.. Only so much shifting you can do with a big hammer..

^ as well as the chassis rails.. obviously. :)

Edited by heller44

"alot of work" ??...most if not all of it will bolt straight in. Guys...this HAS been done before.... R34 GT-T < R34 GTR running gear.

It will take alot of time yeah, but there is no difficulty to it...if there is, you probably shouldn't be behind a 26DETT powered car anyway..

The internet is a big place..dwell around here if you like boys, or hit up Google.

Sorry after reading your first post it sounded like you done the conversion yourself ...

Hey Guys,

Before i start away, i want to mention, i used the search function and couldn't find all the help i needed.

ok, so i got an R34 GT, and am going to do a complete 34 GTR conversion to it which includes the following, Engine, Gearbox, Drivetrain, 4wd system, Brembos, Suspension, Interior and the whole lot. Now i was going to say, it is going to be daily, so i would like it to be liscenced with the swap over, anyone know if much work will be needed done? i read on engine swaps there is some form, but im assuming for this there should be more than that. if anyone knows any info would be awesomeness. oh and just so u know, i have all the parts already as i just bought a 34 GTR wreck.

cheers for any input guys

Hit up south west brakes.

They've done it before by the sounds.

Hit up south west brakes.

They've done it before by the sounds.

Can be done if its currently 4wd version .. seen that done but not convo into 2wd with full running gear due to floors n chassis rails being different

Edited by Dsturbd