SAU Community

Not Much Power On Front Speakers?

LeCoq

yo! i just bought a Sony 4 channel amp with 2 6'inch front speakers installed on the front doors and it includes with 1000 watts sony x-plod sub, but the problem is all the power is played from the rear speakers (which is soundwave brand) "i think"...but anyways how do i get the front ones to play louder?? any suggestions???

Are you sure your headunit isn't set to play most of the sound to the rear speakers? It can be adjusted.

No suggestions other than that.

Edited by -Jimmy-

sony xplod by name - xplode by nature..

there are a lot of reasons why you may only have two speakers working

fader on the unit

the way the system is wired

not enough power or channels on your amp to run things

the list goes on..

it might help to post up more info if your still having problems...

and... lol @ sony xplod again...

yeah prob the gains not set right.

To set you gain levels. turn the gains to 0, turn you head unit to around 75% volume, then turn your gain up just till you hear distortion, then turn it back a touch ie. till the distortion stops. done.

Then with your fader play with it till you get a good mix you like front to back. I prefer the fronts crankin personally.

If that doesnt fix it probs got RCA's wrong way round or somethin.

Yeah i been setting the fader in and out...but still not enough power. Must be the head-unit coz its a bit old and doesnt have that much power to handle the speakrs but anywayz im gonna try some tips u guys mention...

p.s dont ever go to strathfield shop to get installations. They did a shit job

p.s dont ever go to strathfield shop to get installations. They did a shit job

and you have only just discovered this now?

c'mon seriously,

everyone knows that or have you been living on mars for the last few years?

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Me too. Apparently the new version of Invision will allow some customisation so look forward to a 'Love' reaction and a new 'Like' icon.
    • Which injectors are you using? It's likely the fuelling is off also, so as above.
    • Awesome to know. I have a Series 1, and When pulling my front bumper off for the first time i realised my reo/crash bar was a bit worse for wear, and was going to try pick up a better one soon just so i can replace it. Someone is selling a full series 2 front bar and brackets for a decent price, so was going to probably reuse my brackets and install the new second hand reo/crash bar. I also have a genuine Altia body kit to do up, spray and put on, and not sure if that will use the series 1 or series 2 brackets for the front bumper, so having both will be handy, and knowing i can drill holes out to make stuff fit between series is also handy to know!
    • I should also say that the while they are different the only parts that matter are the center headlight supports and center bar from S1 to S2. The center bar will work, but the S1 has holes that clips go through into the S1 bumper. So if you were super cheap you could simply drill the S2 bar. Same thing with the side/wings. They have slightly different 'clips' but can be made to work. The center headlight brackets however, cannot. This is also where the GTR differs, which has a different center bar, and different headlight supports (to either GTT system), it also has different 'wing' headlight supports which is what I am calling under the headlight. However those CAN be made to work with the GTT Reo for a GTR front bar by a small spacer and a drill/tapping a thread into the reo because the bolt positions are slightly different. So people only really need the center brackets to go between GTT S1, GTT S2, and GTR if you are happy to do some tinkering.
    • Indeed  😃  Appears the site is back up now (migrated not updated) - kudos @funkymonkey & @PranK