SAU Community

Insurance

PIOTREK

Hi guys not sure if this has been covered already (and yes I done a search). I'm looking at renewing my policy and think that I might be getting short changed possibly.

Currently insured with just car and I want to see what are the competitors. Shannons didn't want to insure me because I am under 25 :)

What are ppl paying for comp on a r33-t?

Edited by P1OTR

im 23, 33gtr, full comp, agreed value, lots of mods, shannons all the way.

just cars wanted double the premium and triple the excess than what shannons charge me now.

lots of people comment how i managed to get insurance with them whilst under 25 and i really dont know - i just called up, got a quote, compared with just cars and struck a deal with shannons.

by far best insurance company out there for modified cars.

g/l. chris.

u got lucky shannons wont touch anyone under 25 so there is nobody other then just cars for young people.. im 23 and both cars are with them even for my is250 they were the best because of my age.. its bs really!

there are some others but they have ridiculous conditions ie. not covered while parked on the street..

29yrs old, r33 gtst, just cars, full comp, rims excess is seperate, $1300 a year, excess from memory is sub $600 for stolen or crash

car value i think is around $15k and been with them for about 5 years

I was told that anyone under 25 can still get insurance from Shannons, as long as you tell them you are with a car club? (SAU)

come to think of it they did ask me if i was part of car club and i did mention i was a sau member so maybe thats the trick..

19, R34, Just cars... Agreed value 20K with full comp.

$2,900 first year for premium with $1,500 for excess

Second year I renewed it was either $1,600 premium with $1,500 excess or $1,900 with $1,000 excess, so I paid the $1,900 premium just incase anything happens to save the extra $500 on excess.

29yrs old, r33 gtst, just cars, full comp, rims excess is seperate, $1300 a year, excess from memory is sub $600 for stolen or crash

car value i think is around $15k and been with them for about 5 years

Wow, that's terrible!

I'm 25 & with Shannons (have been for 3 years, prior to that I was with AAMI then Just Cars.) They definitely insure under 25's, you just have to be the right sort of person.

My R34 GT-T is $1,200 per year and insured for $20,000.

My highly modified Pulsar is $1,100 per year on limited use cover and insured for $15,000. I also have full salvage rights to the car at no cost in the event it's written off. I pay a bit extra because of this.

My insurance would be much cheaper save for having my cars insured in a very high risk suburb. Price includes my CAMS license discount.

Hmm. I drive an R34 GT-T and im 20yrs old. I got offered insurance with Shannons over the phone easily. I pay 1.4k a yr for comprehensive insurance, and my excess is $900. Also HBF said they insure skylines with turbos at ages 21 and above. So maybe try Shannons again or even give HBF a call.