SAU Community

HKS Air Filter CAI Partitions

Hi guys,

I've got some heat reflective foam left over from my CAI partition that I done.

These will fit a HKS air filter in a R33 GTS-t beautifully (see pic).

I'm really not sure if they will fit any other airfilter though, but if you like I can NOT cut the hole for the airfilter.

These have a side that is angled and a top. The filter will breath from around the headlight.

These are simular to the ones sold for $90 but mine has a top as well :D

Cost is $40 and buy will have to pay postage otherwise I'll make zero money out of it :P:)

The pic is of the metal one that I made, but the reflective foam is the same design.

Whatdoyareckon?

Thejackal,

Your PM box is full. I'll have it sent off by the weekend.

The biggest difference I noticed is when your sitting at the lights for a few minutes. Without the partition the car seemed to take off pretty sluggish and would take about 20 seconds to come back to normal. This must have been because of al the hot air it was breathing.

With the partition in, the sluggishness (is that a word?) is gone and there is max power straight away. Just what you need when a WRX pulls up next to you at a red light :P:D:)

J

Originally posted by MrSnrub

Oh yeah but i have a blitz mesh airfilter so it maybe a different size?  

Also is there a hole to run a pipe from the front bar up ?

Ben

Oi ben Let me know if it fits on yours, I have same filter as yours so I'll take one if it fits...

Man that's nice clean partition I ever seen

cheers

Joe

MrSnrub & PVA_Glue,

Guys I'm really not sure if the Blitz filter will fit in the partition. The HKS filters aren't very tall but are very fat (round) to increase flow.

Have a look at the pic I've attached to this reply and you can make up your own mind if the Blitz will fit or not. The pic is of the partition without the lid on. I'm just not sure cause I've never seen a Blitz filter before :P :confused:

Ben - If your worried about air flow you can do what I've done and cut a hole in the inner guard to let more air in. No crap comes through the hole. I'm sure it would be fine without the hole, but I just wanted to make sure.

BTW: the first pic is of the metal partition that I've made, and the ones that I'm getting rid of are foam backed with heat reflective foil, but are excatly the same design. Just so you know.

I can make the metal ones if you want, but they will cost around the $150 mark cause I have to buy the metal and it will take at least a few hours to make 1 :eek: :eek:

Looking at the foam I have left, I should have enough for 2 or maaaaaybeeee 3 more.

J

Leon.

Have you driven your car with the pod on yet? It makes a great sound hay :D

The partition is relativly easy to put on, if your handy with a spanner you'll have no problems. You'll need to take the pod off to put the partition on. And if your fussy you could take the cross over pipe off too. But the easiest way would to make a small cut at the botom of the foam partition so you can slip it around the pipe.

Then run a bead of silicon around the edge of the partition where the top sits on. This will seal it and keep it in place.

I'm not sure how much you've driven your car with the pod on, but you'll notice that if your stopped at the lights for a few minutes and then take off fast, the car will be sluggish for the first bit, this is cause it's breathing in hot air which slows the car down. Using this it will breath colder air from around the headlight.

All up it would take about 30 minutes to put in.

I can send you a few more pics if you want to check it out.

Jayson

Yepp, no problems.

Have a look here:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/jayson77/

It's funny cause I closed my Bigpond account a few months ago, but my old web site is still working !!!

BTW: Just remember that the pics are of the metal partition I made, but the foam one is the same design, just foam backed with heat reflective foil instead of metal.

J