SAU Community

Need Some Advice

l0WRB

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the LINK ECU setup to run your VCT???????

yeah as far as i know the vct is set to kick in at 3000rpm because at 2000rpm it was causing a slight throttle miss fire

i dont know much about the tune part :P

found out from tuner its from 3000 to 6000rpm

Edited by l0WRB

come on man, hurry up and do it! :)

keen to see if thats the issue.

Remember reading about a 34 gtr on here that was having the same issue lots of lag and it did turn out to be a restrictive exhaust.

I cant really dump the exhaust and drive around the streets lol and booking into tuner takes forever he always 3-4weeks booked out.

went for another few test/runs last nite from 60-200 hard into 4th , boost drop off between gear changes is horrible it takes so long to build back up and start pulling

could 50mm gate cause this? being to large for the turbo setup?

I cant really dump the exhaust and drive around the streets lol and booking into tuner takes forever he always 3-4weeks booked out.

went for another few test/runs last nite from 60-200 hard into 4th , boost drop off between gear changes is horrible it takes so long to build back up and start pulling

could 50mm gate cause this? being to large for the turbo setup?

I have driven around the block before without an exhaust just make sure its a short block hahaha. yes you get a few looks :)

in theory, yes. but we arent talking half the map worth of load dropping off, if the tune is good it would be lucky to lean out anywhere near whats called dangerous.

plus its only for a squirt, ud want to re dyno it after u fix the problem anyhow.

The way i look at it is if the rectriction is causing it to loose 50rwhp, then removing the restriction means there is 50 hp worth more air going through the motor with the same fuelling. 95% time it will be fine for a short squirt, but i wouldnt risk it without knowing whats going on.(but i have a wideband so i have no excuse)

i see your point adriano.

justin, i know disconnecting the VCT will make it slower but the point of the test is to see if the VCT is even working... if you disconnect the plug and it drives exactly the same, uv found a major contributor to the problem

also, going around the block for 1 little squirt in 2nd from a low speed just to see how boost builds wont get you in TOOOOO much trouble. just dont over do it.

this afternoon done a full compression test and came up even across all cyclinders so motor is still fine

tried a different bov nothing changed, tried no bov and nothing changed.

hmm

i might try the vct tnite? see how i go

Edited by l0WRB

little bit of a video from yesterday on a closed road

hard 2 see but can feel the lagg big time between gear changes

havent tried vct yet.. pulling turbo back off this morning and trying a new setup

another vid from other day on closed road

Edited by l0WRB

*Cough* *Cough* Restrictive Exhaust! :P

Driving around without an exhaust is no louder than most harleys. Do you have a mate that lives on a remote road? Go out there, drop the exhaust and go for a quick drive. As said previously just give it a quick squirt and see if it builds boost faster but dont overdo it.

man that kicks in late.... the power is there but its soo late....

seriously try the VCT asap, that seems more fundamental than the cat tho.. even tho the cat might be holding it back abit, for the thing to have nothing till after 5 is pretty rough..

if you havent started stripping it off already try the VCT man

its already been taken off this morning and sent back 2 do some research into it.

going hi mount setup now with different setup see how that goes!

So your going to put a new manifold on without finding the issue? Whats to say that will solve it?