SAU Community

R34 Boost Gauge Installation

James34

I have a Drift Digital Boost Gauge to install in my r34 gtt.

So far Ive decided the follwing and am hoping to get some suggestions as to whether what I'm doing is right!

1. I'm going to mount the gauge on the A-Pillar, and have a found a space through the door frame to under the bonnet which I think would be nice to fit the wiring through.

post-66054-1265502511_thumb.jpg

2. I've located what appears to be the stock boost sensor.

post-66054-1265502591_thumb.jpg

I am not too sure about this part, but was planning on cutting the hose and t-piecing it to my new gauge. Is here where I should cut? Or am i being completely clueless here?

post-66054-1265502650_thumb.jpg

3. I also have to connect to gauge to 12V main power. My thought was to run the wire under the steering colum out of sight, and connect it to the 12V power which was used for the cigarette lighter (which I never use for anything).

post-66054-1265502745_thumb.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

My last question is this, I found this switch while playing around, and i am not quite sure what it is. It is hard to reach and is near the driver's side door.

post-66054-1265502843_thumb.jpg

Any ideas? I thought it may have been a kill-switch, but doesnt seem to have that effect (or any it seems at this stage).

Cheers fellas.

Quick update a day later...

Installed all as described except found what I think it a better place to t-piece the vacuum hose.

All working smoothly :D

I'm thinking I may post a quick tutorial because I couldn't find any up to date ones with pics on the forums? Hopefully it may be helpful (although it was quite easy in the end).

Cheers.

• 4 months later...