SAU Community

instructions for factory alarm?

Just wondering if anyone has any instructions for the factory fitted (I think) alarm for the R33 GTSt.

My car has a red LED to the right of the steering wheel with 'security' above it, and I've managed to turn it on sometimes (starts flashing) and when I open the boot / bonnet / car door and don't put key in the ignition, alarm goes off.

But I've only been able to turn it on by accident, anyone know how to actually turn it on / off / etc?

Thanks.

It was a factory option for the Series II r33. When you lock the doors via the keyless button it locks all the doors and activates the factory alarm. The security light on the dash will then begin to flash.

It comes on everytime I lock the doors with the remote.

Nah its on the key. Ive got the normal door key (black top), normal boot key (silver all over) and then a remote with 4 buttons on it.

1 = unlock doors

2 = lock doors

3 = turn on interior light

4 = nothing (possibly aux)

Looks like I'll call Nissan to find out. I only got the black key.

Getting another alarm installed today because insurance wants an Aust. Approved one, feels like a bit overkill but then again if its there why not use it?

Thanks all!

I'm with JustCars and they said the car has to have an alarm which meets the Australian Standards (AS/NZS 3749.1:2003) and they told me that basically it has to be a 2 point immobiliser and installed by an approved installer. He didn't know about whether the factory alarm would be sufficient..