SAU Community

Stock R34 Gtt 4dr Tiptronic 1/4 Mile.

Picked up my 34 GTT sedan last week and managed to get it to the drags for a few runs last night, Its a tiptronic and stock as a rock, just wanted to set a benchmark before i start modding it.

Anyway here it is.

Wind- NA

Temp- 27*c

Humidity-81%

Reaction- 1.124

60ft- 2.195

1/4 mile-15.225

Speed-90.1 mph (145 km/h)

If anyone else has tried this and got anything dramatically different let me know, otherwise i hope this helps anyone with the same car who cant find a 1/4 mile, or anyone looking to buy a GTT

that is a bit slower than i expected. would've thought it would've been able to get into the high 14's, even being an auto. where you loading it up on the brakes when you were launching or just punching it when the light went green? reason i ask is i was able to get a v6 magna with just a catback exhaust to run a 14.8 @ 93mph with a 2.187 60ft

that is a bit slower than i expected. would've thought it would've been able to get into the high 14's, even being an auto. where you loading it up on the brakes when you were launching or just punching it when the light went green? reason i ask is i was able to get a v6 magna with just a catback exhaust to run a 14.8 @ 93mph with a 2.187 60ft

The factory tune on the 34 gtt is so restrictive,made for good efficiency/low emissions, thats the idea behind the neo.very low dual stage boost makes it hard to keep power throughout the rev range after gear changes in the auto.thats why i done the 1/4 before a tune and any mods, to see just how detuned it is.Should be low 14s at least after remapping the stock ecu and upping the boost.Should have a new time next sunday,hopefully a lot better.Then ill start modding and keep updating.Could get into the high 14's with a bit more practice,only had a few runs and its the first time in the car.

Hey,

I got a Series 2 Stagea with the Neo and Auto.

I got the slip somewhere but cant find it?

I ran a 16.0 sec @ 88MPH (at Willowbank QLD). The slip would tell the temps etc.

BOG stock, no Pod... no nothing.

Curious, did you just drop it in Drive or use the Triptonic?

Off topic kinda, but I find this funny cause My surname is Gough and Im currently shopping for a 4dr R34 GTT :)

But looking for a manual. But this info is helpful! :)

Cheers

I'm also curious to know if you stalled it up on the line? I took a stock toyota soarer to the strip and ran a 14.3 and I would've though a lighter car with the same power level would be looking around 14.0????

you'll absolutely smash that time once you start tuning it up though :)

Hey,

I got a Series 2 Stagea with the Neo and Auto.

I got the slip somewhere but cant find it?

I ran a 16.0 sec @ 88MPH (at Willowbank QLD). The slip would tell the temps etc.

BOG stock, no Pod... no nothing.

Curious, did you just drop it in Drive or use the Triptonic?

Off topic kinda, but I find this funny cause My surname is Gough and Im currently shopping for a 4dr R34 GTT :)

But looking for a manual. But this info is helpful! :)

Cheers

Yeah my 34 is bog stock, even the air filter is a genuine replacement.

That was tiptronic launching at about 3000rpm,cant hold traction past that,the 60 footer is the killer because of the lack of lowdown torque.

Thats a bit of a coincidence,ive never even met or heard of another gough haha.

I'm also curious to know if you stalled it up on the line? I took a stock toyota soarer to the strip and ran a 14.3 and I would've though a lighter car with the same power level would be looking around 14.0????

you'll absolutely smash that time once you start tuning it up though :)

Yeah that was 300rpm launches,anything that it just spins on the line.

I raced a Soarer last week which ran consistently around 15.9-16.1 seconds. An auto turbo 6 i think.

Thats a good time you ran, about on par with the manual 2 door gtt.The 4dr has a bit more weight and its an auto.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if i gave a bit of a bum steer but i put the car in for a tune the other day and found out my car had a boost leak and a few loose parts,got it fixed up and found an extra 10kw at the wheels and less lag with more boost which would change my time a little.

Pulled 160Rwkw (up from 141 after leak was fixed) after a tune and boost increase still with all stock set up including full stock exhaust.

Not bad for $400,plenty faster now,will post new time next week.

Keen to see what the new time is after the boost leak was finished.

I have a 34 GTT Manual Coupe with Front mount 'cooler, apexi pod, 3" turbo-back exhaust and splitfire coilpacks as far as engine mods go.

Best run was a 14.8 down the quarter. Seemed a bit slower than what I was expecting.

Boosting the car in 2 weeks to 10psi but keen to find out whether something isn't right in my 34 or if it's a standard time for non-boosted GTT's.

Keen to see what the new time is after the boost leak was finished.

I have a 34 GTT Manual Coupe with Front mount 'cooler, apexi pod, 3" turbo-back exhaust and splitfire coilpacks as far as engine mods go.

Best run was a 14.8 down the quarter. Seemed a bit slower than what I was expecting.

Boosting the car in 2 weeks to 10psi but keen to find out whether something isn't right in my 34 or if it's a standard time for non-boosted GTT's.

Yeah that is a bit slower than id expect, maybe just needs a tune, only .400 seconds faster than my bog stock auto sedan WITH the boost and intake leak.

I dont know how many runs you have done but it will improve greatly with practice if you havnt done a lot, But if your experienced than i wonder why the times are so close considering the difference in the cars...

Mr R34 2 door manual with cat back zorst and boost increase (spike to 12, prob only really held 10) pulled 14.0 @ 99mph. Stocko everything else.

Guys most times the real important peice of data is the MPH you pull at the end of the track, as this gives the best indication of what its capable of. What MPH did you run on your 14.8 run Chris 34?

yeah the MPH is an indication of power. when i put my magna down my times varied by nearly a second from my first run to my last (fastest), but my MPH only varied but about 0.5mph). my best MPH was a mid 93MPH on my 14.8 pass.

Guys most times the real important peice of data is the MPH you pull at the end of the track, as this gives the best indication of what its capable of. What MPH did you run on your 14.8 run Chris 34?

95MPH / 153KPH

• 1 year later...

Picked up my 34 GTT sedan last week and managed to get it to the drags for a few runs last night, Its a tiptronic and stock as a rock, just wanted to set a benchmark before i start modding it.

Anyway here it is.

Wind- NA

Temp- 27*c

Humidity-81%

Reaction- 1.124

60ft- 2.195

1/4 mile-15.225

Speed-90.1 mph (145 km/h)

If anyone else has tried this and got anything dramatically different let me know, otherwise i hope this helps anyone with the same car who cant find a 1/4 mile, or anyone looking to buy a GTT

Hi,

MY r34 gtt auto with 10psi boost and no other mods what so ever.

1st 1/4 14.75

2nd 1/4 14.71 95.84Mph

So the way I see it is that don't be shy to burn rubber

Spin tires at 6k rpm until you see smoke - don't overdo it no point in hurting your car.

Most importantly load up, hold break pedal to the point where your tyres are about to spin.

Leave it in auto - forget tiptronic it isn't better and TURN OFF traction control !

So load up to spinning point and let it rip - remember the tyres are hotter and way stickier than normal dont think that you will just do a burnout

Doing this I startled a few modded awd lancers & rexes - if you out gun them at the start they might bog down and do a shocking 14.5 :) not everyone is a pro at launching - its all in the launch.