SAU Community

Turbotech Boost Controller

vic stagea mick

i have just purchased a turbotech boost controller and dont have much idea how to blumb it into the boost lines even though i have seen pictures on here i dont want to stuff it up.Its on a series 2 stagea,I am wondering if someone can help me out with fitting it.and lend me a boost gauge to get the pressure right.I am going to the RE Customs membership and dyno day and if possible i can do it there if someone has time.Can someone give some idea what i might need to do it.I am free tommorow as well if you have time

phone mick if its easier or message

Thanks Ash

Had a read of it and will have a better look when the sun comes up but i don't have a boost gauge to check boost levels, And thats one of the things i need to borrow as i only want to set it and forget it and not have a permanent gauge in the car.Well not yet anyway

Thanks Mick

I don't recommend setting and forgetting. Turbotechs are very reliable manual boost controllers, probably the best out there bar none but I'd never rule out boost spiking or overboosting on any boost controller...always good to have a glance at the gauge when you're giving her stick. Buy a boost gauge mate :D

You can't really stuff it up...it'll either boost or it won't. The only thing you'll need to be careful of is that you start with a conservative boost and slowly move up rather than just opening the valve all the way.

I don't recommend setting and forgetting. Turbotechs are very reliable manual boost controllers, probably the best out there bar none but I'd never rule out boost spiking or overboosting on any boost controller...always good to have a glance at the gauge when you're giving her stick. Buy a boost gauge mate :D

IF you're looking for a nice cheap boost gauge... I just happen to have some for sale :)

See my sig below...

Thanks for the reply's

The turbotech boost controller is now fitted and working well with the help from a mate from work ( WRX STI DRIVER) and i also got a sass mechanical boost gauge with different coloured lights whoooo ( no we didn't wire them up)

Be carefull of Autobarn Doncaster prices as they wanted to charge me $59.99 for a boost gauge that had an advertised a price of $49.99 on the box when it was scanned

Hope every one has fun at the SAU VIC dyno day hope to see you there because i now have to work most of the day but will show up if i get out at a reasonable time

never had a problem with mine either....but if your unsure how it goes in...ahhh maybe you shouldnt be playing with it? And yes I'm referring to the boost controller...hahaha

well i put it on the dyno today it only got 113 all wheel kws.i would have thought at least 130kws oh well guess i need to start playing with it.thanks for the advice danielle can you give me some tips how i should do it (maybe a tune and bigger turbo)???

well i put it on the dyno today it only got 113 all wheel kws.i would have thought at least 130kws oh well guess i need to start playing with it.thanks for the advice danielle can you give me some tips how i should do it (maybe a tune and bigger turbo)???

It was good to see other Stageas there yesterday Mick, and you weren't the only person with a lower than expected result. Most people were complaining of a 20wkw difference, mine was down 25awkw since the last tune there 2 months ago.

Just a tune will net good gains and allow further mods in the future. While im no RB expert, from what I have read the Nistune is the way to go. Research well, there are many options and a wealth of information, get in the forced induction forum and read up on them.