SAU Community

Bov Help

Kenna802

stock is bulletproof, no need to change it, no gain and no advantage by changing, usually aftermarket ones are worse

if you want a loud noise, fit a pod filter and youll hear the bov on gearchange - ie the stock is loud with the right intake setup

Stock is best, as above no need to change unless you are making big power....

Externaly vented BOV's are for poses.... In the car noise like the waste gate is all you want... OWW what a sound, I so miss it.. Supercharger whine just not the same..lol

:P

stock is bulletproof, no need to change it, no gain and no advantage by changing, usually aftermarket ones are worse

if you want a loud noise, fit a pod filter and youll hear the bov on gearchange - ie the stock is loud with the right intake setup

is the stock one good for any power level.

I think the stock one starts leaking around 14psi

Anyone confirm this ?

My stock one was leaking at 16psi. I tried blocking the leak hole but it only held til 18psi. I ended up buying a GTR bov. It holds any boost level plus looks standard so you won't get defected for having it.

Just know that the GTR bov has a larger exit diameter than the GTSt bov. As a result, it won't fit directly onto the current return pipe.

You should find one easily in the For Sale section of the forums. I picked mine up for $50 + $10 p&h.

+ 2 for stock mine holding 12psi fine no worries

witch is really as a rule of thumb all the stock tubby can take unless you have it rebuilt with steal internals

The vta bovs are more then likely going to course you stalling issues and more hassle then what there worth

If you want the noise as already mentioned a apexi power flow sounds good

Not the best recording but you get the idea