SAU Community

Hack On Triplej (5.30pm Today)

I think there is a huge untapped potential for a private investor/company to build up a private stretch of track/road about 30 mins to an hour outside of all the major capital cities. The sort of place that is open every day (or weekend depending on popularity)

The Start and finish would be nearby but not attached. You would travel to the venue, go in the gate and pay your money. Get your car scrutinized for safety features. The track would be roughly a 10 minute flat out trip with safe run of areas and flag people in particular areas to advise of trouble ahead.

You would start your lap and come out the other side and determine whether you want to pay for another lap or go home.

Cars would run apart 2 minutes. So it would operate much like a tarmac rally stage. Also the potential for booking the venue for the day for clubs / work functions etc.

Seen as we would be talking serious investment their is also potential for on site hotel much like a Golf Course Resort.

People could purchase memberships for the track just like a Golf Course to allow access. (probably quite expensive but awesome). Also potential for hiring out budget track cars for a price as well as private lessons.

Would be an expensive venue to setup. However I believe it would be economically viable in the long run pending insurance costs as well as the massive arguements with councils and greeny groups to get it set up.

To the Government and large Businesses. If this issue is as serious as you all keep telling us in the news, then drastic times need drastic measures and a top level race facility that is always running and caters for 95% of enthusiasts has to help. At the very least it will assist in the business or government having another source of revenue as well as assisting giving more excuses to take it off our streets. Also meaning that you can increase penalties to those whom as complete hazards whilst being more leniant to those that behave.

Its all a dream really. Sadly I doubt it will ever happen and I wouldn't even be able to afford to setup the front gate of this, let alone fund the whole thing :P

that my friend... is called the nurburgring.. you go through the turnstyles, do a lap or 2 in any car.. and go home again.. perfect!!

the other thing with europe is that other countries are a mere hour or 2 drive away... so even if each country only had one track... you could still have a few tracks within a few hours drive.. not like aus.. where you drive for hours and see nothing.

Why the hell else would this drift and touge crap be so cool?

drift and touge are cool, aswell as wangan racing, because their is a certain tuffness about these cars... the thing is though that in japan.. street drift or street racing is taken seriously over there.. the cars are set up to be great on the streets.. they arent commodores painted in bright green and orange with cheap chromies on the front and stocko's on the back.. with white leather interiors and 5 guys all decked out in everlast gear.

stripped out track cars are great, but a really tough street orientated car is much more desirable in my books.

games and movies like need for speed underground and fast and the furious havent done anything productive towards this behaviour.. and its had a big influence on the younger generation.. its what they look up to..

i did a favour for a friend and organised a few mates to take a couple of kids for a drive around the block at a 5 yr olds birthday party (with the parents consent)... they all wented to get in the stock atmo supra because it was off fast and furious.. and one kid kept calling the 180sx a 240sx. they didnt care for how fast the cars were or how good they handled... they went on looks and the sound of the blow off valve... this is the generation that are now starting to get their licences..

also... i think alot of peoples arguments on here.. and warps.. this one is aimed slightly at you.. stems from the amount of amenities in most towns and suburbs that are available to everyone, to use free of charge, except when theres an official meet/game on.

for eg.. i grew up in muswellbrook... a small country town.. we had an athletics field, soccer field, rugby league field, rugby union field, netball courts, indoor basketball court, squash court, 6 tennis courts, olympic pool with an indoor heated pool, cricket oval, cricket nets, 2 seperate hockey fields, and a golf course, not to mention glenbawn dam for boats and skiing or wakeboarding.... all of these were open to anyone to just rock up and do whatever they wanted.. a $100 cricket bat and ball and a few mates and you could play cricket from dawn to dusk if you wanted to.. noone cared that you could die if you got smacked with the ball or bat.... or if you wanted you and a mate could go down and kick a ball around for half an hour.. you could do it every afternoon, or every sunday arvo, if it was raining or stinking hot.. no probs, see what happens tomorrow... 5 min there, 30 min playing, 5 min home. you still had enough time to have a weekend doing other stuff.

they were maintained and paid for by local sponsers and the council.. the town is surrounded by serveral mines... multi million dollar operations that are seeing new roads built and old ones being gated off that are no longer in use.. and with masses of land that cannot be populated around the area of a mine.. due to noise and dust.. mine back roads is where i grew up.

for people like us, that are into cars or bikes, there is a massive amount of time and money involved in doing what we love.. and we dont have the freedom to enjoy our toys whenever we want to, like other people.. dirt bikes were illegal in the common... yet you could drive your 4wd there or ride mountain bikes.. there was a motocross track, but unless you were a part of the motocross club and raced on club days, the gates to the track were locked every other day... now before you say... why didnt i just become a member of the club?? well... because i didnt want to race.. racing and competing doesnt interest me.. and there were regualtions that you must attend x amounts of meets per year at other tracks to be a member and have x amounts of safety gear etc...

i just wanted to ride my bike and have fun on the terrain it was built for!!

thats what every car enthuisiast/hoon wants to do.. that shouldnt be a crime.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaytay - you wont be hellaflush AND have 100mm ground clearance one or the other dude.. if ppl wana pump 60k into a car its their choice mate and some of us could easily afford to do that and dont/wont be living with parents till 30 but some of us earn more then others so dont make such a broad statement.

birds i rkn on edge has a point nobody has the back bone to say here they r a hoon instead join the masses and hide under the "enthusiast" banner

just a question cos i cant find the general meeting thread was that guy in the wrx a sau member? if so what a muppet neally hit parked cars siiiiick......

i think the hooning issue willl again go quiet through winter and then gain momentum as another summer rolls around and another fresh batch of p platers in slapped vn's have somethign to prove to their mates and the prostitutes in training sitting on the wall at the beach

i say bring on winter rain skids! hahah.. :blush:

I don't doubt there are hoons on here who fly under the enthusiast banner, doesn't mean we all are though. The feeling I got from his post was that he was calling us all hoons and basing that on us having broken just one law in our lifetimes :blush:

jaytay - you wont be hellaflush AND have 100mm ground clearance one or the other dude.. if ppl wana pump 60k into a car its their choice mate and some of us could easily afford to do that and dont/wont be living with parents till 30 but some of us earn more then others so dont make such a broad statement.

birds i rkn on edge has a point nobody has the back bone to say here they r a hoon instead join the masses and hide under the "enthusiast" banner

it is quite easy to have hella flush fitment and have 100mm clearence.. so dont make such a broad statement.

of course noone will put their hand up and say they are a hoon... i will put mine up and say that i was a young male in a what i thought was a reasonably fast but extremely cheap r31.. i have done my fair share of stupid shit in stupid places.. and i lost my licence in 2002 because of it, since then ive had one speeding fine for 60k in a 50k zone and a defect notice.. and even that was 5 years ago.

i know other guys that are continuously losing their licence's, writing off their cars, or getting them impounded.. you can be a hoon in any car.. guys in beefed up 4wds are usually bigger hoons than those that drive commo's

an enthusiast thinks about time, place and amount.. a squirt here or there .. a hoon doesnt.. anyplace, anywhere, anytime.. and the more smoke the better, i think they enjoy bragging about losing their cars or licences, they see it as a trophy

i think a hoon is after the attention whereas a enthusiast is just after satisfaction, that warm fuzzy feeling when you put your foot down a little, and noone is around to see it.

that is the difference between an enthusiast and a hoon..

please provide proof of said hellaflush vehicles at 100mm + ride hieght and ill gladly stand corrected until such time i call bs.

half of the aftermarket front bars out there will just about give you 100mm height on stock suspension.

yeh thats why im saying i dont think its possible. to be hellaflush you need zero fender gap so i really think it is guna be hard to be "hellaflush" and 100mm+ in ride hieght.

youre all gays.

stop saying hellaflush. it doesnt have a definition and its started by the yanks and nothing to aspire to become.. good for them they sold out hippari. vip and shakotan cars what a skill. hellaflush has no definition because its not a word or an adjective.

so theres this program on triplej called hack right

Would someone please post what hellaflush means, I was under the impression that it was slang for a screw that was not square.

Or is it that trailer queen look that if the car was driven on the road and hit a bump it would burn paint ?

hellaflush sounds like a word used by people who also say words like bro, cuz, hektic, uleh, phat (with a ph not f), and either wear sports gear and their hat sideways, or are computer nerds trying to be cool.

i was assuming though that with the context it was used in that it has something to do with the wheels, and not flushing a set of hella spotlights down the toilet

Marc, if someone came into your shop and asked if you had any hellaflush bicycles would you tell them to get out or repress the rage and try to sell them a bicycle?

birds, from reading your posts i dont see u as a dumb bloke. But im sorry to say you can't choose to change the interpretation of hoons vs enthusiasts. An enthusiast doesn't even have to own a car. From a legal perspective you've broken the rules once you are a HOON. you get pulled over because you being an enthusiast decide to power slide once and cop busts you, is your defence going to be sorry sir i am not a hoon thankyou, i am an enthusiast. silly birdie

Marc, if someone came into your shop and asked if you had any hellaflush bicycles would you tell them to get out or repress the rage and try to sell them a bicycle?

I think hellaflush means there are to many idiots in the world, and to reply to your question I would look at them for a short time before walking away shaking my head.

Due to the nature of my work there are alot of young guys with lots of money to spend on SS Commys, XR8-XR6T Falcons and also High end Imports, the smart guys you can have a sensible conversation with drive around doing the speed limit even though some of them have well over 4-500 horses and 20-30 thousand spent on mods including brakes and handling mods, they do these mods to new cars too, they buy a nice new car of the showroom floor drive it to their fav workshop then proceed to spend a house deposit on mods.

The idiots have cannons, VTA BOV, slammed cars, gassin it up and down the road but have to negotiate a speed hump by crossing it at a 45 deg angle, at least they think they are cool even though other people are laughing at them.

Damn, Ive just vented to atmosphere.

birds, from reading your posts i dont see u as a dumb bloke. But im sorry to say you can't choose to change the interpretation of hoons vs enthusiasts. An enthusiast doesn't even have to own a car. From a legal perspective you've broken the rules once you are a HOON. you get pulled over because you being an enthusiast decide to power slide once and cop busts you, is your defence going to be sorry sir i am not a hoon thankyou, i am an enthusiast. silly birdie

Yeah but man, I haven't been fined by the police for powersliding or any other hoon related activity cause I don't do it on the street. I save that stuff for the track. I've sped and broken the law that way, received speeding fines for it, but so has like 90% of the driving population at some point - does that make them all hoons though?

I don't understand your interpretation of hoon, are you making a point that in the eyes of the law we are all hoons or do you actually believe we are all hoons?

Sorry mlr my comment was directed at mad082 who also shares the same name...and happens to own a bicycle store lol. What is your profession?

i'd attempt to repress my rage, but more than likely i'd beat 9 shades of shit out of them with a dictionary

i've actually told a few kids who have come in saying shit like that to ask the question again in english, then proceeded to make fun of them saying that i'm not up with all the fully hektic wordz dat da peeps on da street use deze dayz. the kid didn't find it very funny but his mates were pissing themselves laughing, and he still bought stuff.

and i have also used the line "nice <insert item here>, does it come in mens?" on some guys too. that's more one i use on the semi regulars though.