SAU Community

Skyline crash

GeneralSpeed

i want his front bar. (no disrespect)

;) sorry, couldn't help laughing at that one!

I know if I died, I rather die in my car than anywhere else. It's my baby, my life.

thats kinda scary there! i can tell you, there is plenty of other positions i'd prefer to be dying in, other than sitting down holding a knob :rofl:

Well a "weapon" can be anything, from a flower to a pencil but like anything, its how you use it that matters -and a car is as gentle as a kitten if you don't do silly things with it.. like speeding in the wet. Hope he wasn't a family man or anything - to see your father or husband go out like that would not be a pretty thing to live with for the rest of your life.

just to add i feel very sorry for the guy cause he didn't get a chance to learn his lesson  :P

Indeed, those of us lucky enough to have a serious accident that puts us back into place should use it wisely

your life is greater than 1000 gtrs

Thats a rather thoughtless comment?

What about the person who stumbles across your body, most likely in a bad state. And has to live with those images?

Uhm... someone has to stumble over your body at some time when it dies. Seeing a dead body is always traumatic, no matter if the person has just died in a bed or they have been split into 10 pieces, a dead body is a dead body. Do you think people really think just before they are about to die "hang on, what will the person think who's going to see me".

It's just a personal thought of mine that if I was ever to die, I'd rather die doing something I love, that one main love being my car.

We all have opinions and this is just mine.

just to ad a few cents as a mate of myn works near there, and from what he gathers the guy was on the highway and droped it down to third and hit boost and lost it over into the side road to hit the tree or something similar... its also should be noted that in the gold coast bulliten there is a writer comment (this weekends edition) some guy wrote in to protect '4wd' owners saying they shouldnt be banned from city road and quote 'the cars that shoudl be banned are the hoon cars"...

no doubt he had the original car crah in mind.

Condolences to the family & friends...sad to see it happen...

I hadn't been in touch with my friends for a few days and they all thought it was me until they read that the driver was 37 y/o...

i cannot post it, but i looked at it tonight.  its very bad, the driver stood no chance, he must have been flat on the boards.

interesting to note the rego number, xxx-Ixx, so i would assume that the car was only recently aquired

i will not post the full rego, it saddens me that it happened.  A reminder that wet weather and speed do not go together and driving in situations such as that should not be taken lightly.

may he rest in peace whoever he was.

my numberplate is xxx-ICR so he only had it for about 7 months at the most.

i was lucky enough to learn my lesson in a very monor ding.

i hope that every crazy driver out there learns something from this horrific crash.

speed kills.

may the namesless driver rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor guy. Its Unfornate how one mistake can take your life from you in an instant.

I nearly killed myself because of something stupid I did on the road when I was 17. Can say I have learned alot since then though. I was lucky but it could have been very different I can tell you.

My condolances to his family & friends.

• 2 weeks later...