SAU Community

Dry Ice

can i just ask why you would want to remove it?

I've removed all the internal deadening in my supra and replaced it with dynamat. by the time i remvoed it from the fire wall, transmission tunnel, seat wells, rear seat, pillars and boot i had a couple 9L buckets. all up it would have saved maybe less than 10kgs to the car.

If you doing it to save weight dont bother as it wont make a noticable difference. it will just allow your exhaust to resionate throught the cabin.

if you want to remove sound deadening to make weight savings get the car up on a hoist and grind off all the under car deadening. it is a terrible job and will take a long time. once you grind it down to bare metal you will need to at least paint it again to avoid rust etc.

PS are you going to shannons?

can i just ask why you would want to remove it?

I've removed all the internal deadening in my supra and replaced it with dynamat. by the time i remvoed it from the fire wall, transmission tunnel, seat wells, rear seat, pillars and boot i had a couple 9L buckets. all up it would have saved maybe less than 10kgs to the car.

If you doing it to save weight dont bother as it wont make a noticable difference. it will just allow your exhaust to resionate throught the cabin.

if you want to remove sound deadening to make weight savings get the car up on a hoist and grind off all the under car deadening. it is a terrible job and will take a long time. once you grind it down to bare metal you will need to at least paint it again to avoid rust etc.

PS are you going to shannons?

Well my car isn't a daily driver and basically I am trying to increase the full potential of my car without spending a ridiculous amount of cash. I tell you what, from the items I have removed now I have noticed a HUGE gain in performance with every aspect of the car so now I guess you could say that I am hooked on loosing weight!

Check out the items I have removed thus far:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Do...Tr-t310416.html

Even if it is only 'less than 10kg'... to me, that is still heeeaps! Everything makes a difference. :P

I understand where your coming from though in terms of the exhaust resonating through the cabin but put it this way, it seems my car is slowly but surely turning into a Race Car... so I have accepted the fact that the exhaust is going to possibly a pain! Thanks for your suggestion nonetheless. :D

Oh and insurance, well lets just say that theres no dramas! :D

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

haha i meant the car show not the company lol

Oh LOL! I see, well um I was thinking of entering my car but slim chance... will definitely check the show out though!

On the other hand, I will be entering my car in the Dyno Day with ESP in June though. :blush:

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

Try boc gases or somewhere similar.
BOC in fyshwick would probably be the best place to try, if they wont deal with you directly they can probably point you in the right direction.

BTW, thanks guys for the info on pointing me in the right direction to get some Dry Ice! I shall try hopefully someday soon.

Cheers,

BOC in Fyshwick is the best place to go just make sure you take an esky or stirafome (don't know how to spell it) box to take it home in cos they won't give you anything to carry it in. They'll just scoop it into what ever you have....bucket, hat, pockets :-) I think the last time I got some they charged me about $30 for 4kgs which should be enough to your whole car.

BOC in Fyshwick is the best place to go just make sure you take an esky or stirafome (don't know how to spell it) box to take it home in cos they won't give you anything to carry it in. They'll just scoop it into what ever you have....bucket, hat, pockets :-) I think the last time I got some they charged me about $30 for 4kgs which should be enough to your whole car.

Haha good thinking with the esky etc because I was just going to rock up there with nothing! LOL! $30 for 4kgs doesn't sound to bad too, considering the weight I will hopefully lose! :D

Edited by xanavinismo