SAU Community

Did You Use A Gasket On Your Throttle Body Adapter?

Im just putting my greddy plenum on at the moment, and noticed i don't have a gasket to go between the plenum and the throttle body adapter....did anyone else use one? Or did you all just bolt it metal to metal.

Cheers

Aiden

I used a brand new gasket set from Nissan & applied a very thin layer of silicon intake gasket just for good measure (on every gasket surface), both of which are pretty cheap, well worth spending a few bucks than loosing boost

Cheers,

Sean

So nissan has a gasket for something that doesn't come from the factory...i have gasket paper i was just thinking of cutting one out zz

Ummm, if your car didn't have a gasket when you got the car I can only assume the gentleman before you took off the plenum and didn't fork out the cash for a gasket

This is the one you're after --> http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=318&page=1

You might need one of these too --> http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=318&page=1 . If you don't have one, get one! A lot easier to fit it now than later :)

Your GTR service manual will take you through installing these puppies, ohh as mentioned above, I also went to Autobarn and got some of this liquid gasket just to be really sure everything is sealed up tight (only need a very tiny amount on each surface, no need to overdo it --> http://www.autobarn.com.au/AB_images/produ..._1197430754.jpg

Cheers bud,

Sean

Im going to cry.

I'm going to keep pissing myself laughing at all the idiots responding to your thread.

But to help you out, there will be no off the shelf gasket available unless you looked towards Greddy, but what would be alot cheaper, and work just as well, head to Repco/AutoBahn/SuperCrap and grab yourself a tube of gasket sealant. Put a thin layer down around everything, like around everything, around bolt holes aswell etc...

personally I would go gasket paper and cut it out painstakingly. don't really trust (haha) the silicon gasket stuff.

And yes I've very surprised your kit did not come with it, especially if it was "greddy" rather than "greddy style"

Thanks matt....i started to wonder if anyone actually knew wtf im talking about hahahaha. Im not keen on the silicon stuff aye...but i might do a paper cut out and use some goo as well ;)

Either way ill get in touch with the company i bought it from and see if i was supposed to get one...

Thanks anyway

Aiden