SAU Community

Autobahn Catch Cans

Bought one today, and got my pen light to have a look up inside it through the drain hole...only to discover that they're hollow! Just a tin basically.

Since these items are recirculating, how are they suppose to stop the vapours recirculating as well? No fins etc to condense the oil vapours.

I will be taking it back tomorrow and will be investing in a cusco one or one of similar quality. Are there any good recirculating catch cans on the market? A breathing one is my last resort.

I should have known better...

Regards,

Scott

Guest INASNT

u expect anything from autobarn to be of any use when it comes to performance!

a bunch of guys in vic bought some recently i think, hope they read this thread :D

there was a guy in VIC going to fabricate some good quality ones. do a search in VIC

p.s. :anti-zap: ;)

that would be me!

mine are fully recirculating, have an internal downpipe to direct fumes into stainless steel mesh. unscrewable end caps for easy inspection, and they wont look like a recycled milo tin sitting in youre engine bay...

i had a lot of interest in mine until these autobarn ones popped up....it was kinda obvious that for 90 bucks they were gonna be useless but hey, no harm in trying.

so yes, mine are available, for immediate delivery, for any GTsT skyline, and any silvia/180/200sx....