SAU Community

Toshio Suzuki In R35 @ Eastern Creek

What do you guys make of this video, apparently Toshio Suzuki driving?

Watch it all the way through? Notice the induced slide/flick into turns?? seems to then slide around a bit. This could be a show for the media day (maneuvering demonstration) BUT he seems to do the same thing on the nordschleife videos too.

Question for R35 owners: Is this how we should be driving the R35? Do you/have you tried this? What have you found are the best techniques with your beast?

Serious question, not trying to b a smart arse. This is the 2nd time i've noticed this technique and i am quite curious as to your thoughts guys.

What do you guys make of this video, apparently Toshio Suzuki driving?

Watch it all the way through? Notice the induced slide/flick into turns?? seems to then slide around a bit. This could be a show for the media day (maneuvering demonstration) BUT he seems to do the same thing on the nordschleife videos too.

Question for R35 owners: Is this how we should be driving the R35? Do you/have you tried this? What have you found are the best techniques with your beast?

Serious question, not trying to b a smart arse. This is the 2nd time i've noticed this technique and i am quite curious as to your thoughts guys.

No we should not try emulating Suzuki San, he is taking the piss out of all of us.

He was forced into this technique by the crazy artificial race line marked by the witches hats, which I suspect were deliberately placed in such a way. Check out Turn 2 for instance.

He seems to take three turns around that bend. Who does that around a hair pin?

There are others too, where he is forced toward a false apex far too early and then has to flick it to go around it. Just my impressions.

His car is totally unsettled half the time.

No we should not try emulating Suzuki San, he is taking the piss out of all of us.

He was forced into this technique by the crazy artificial race line marked by the witches hats, which I suspect were deliberately placed in such a way. Check out Turn 2 for instance.

He seems to take three turns around that bend. Who does that around a hair pin?

There are others too, where he is forced toward a false apex far too early and then has to flick it to go around it. Just my impressions.

His car is totally unsettled half the time.

It does look strange. Although turn two has about three different ways of attacking it. The cone setup is odd too. Just wondering the point of it all, as a passenger i wouldnt think much of it. I guess the point is you can see some of this technique on the Nurburgring videos (however not as pronounced). Anyway i suppose nobody does this induced flick technique.

I have done a number of instruction days at the creek with a range of instructors including V8 supercar drivers and I have to say the lines shown by the witches hats, all bar turn 4 are pretty much the line they teach. Turn 2 we have been taught to head for the Villi's pie sign and then turn in, the other lines seem about right. I would not discount this video as serious.

I just did a quick timing comparison of Suzuki's lap versus Duncan's lap that he posted back on the 3rd August at the supersprint series. I took it from the first braking marker are turn 2 through to turning back onto the main straight, this is due to Suzuki not doing the full straight etc. Duncans laptime for this was a 1:46, and I clocked Suzukis time at almost a full second quicker for that section. This does not take into account his straight speed nor his turn one speed.

Just food for thought.

I have done a number of instruction days at the creek with a range of instructors including V8 supercar drivers and I have to say the lines shown by the witches hats, all bar turn 4 are pretty much the line they teach. Turn 2 we have been taught to head for the Villi's pie sign and then turn in, the other lines seem about right. I would not discount this video as serious.

I just did a quick timing comparison of Suzuki's lap versus Duncan's lap that he posted back on the 3rd August at the supersprint series. I took it from the first braking marker are turn 2 through to turning back onto the main straight, this is due to Suzuki not doing the full straight etc. Duncans laptime for this was a 1:46, and I clocked Suzukis time at almost a full second quicker for that section. This does not take into account his straight speed nor his turn one speed.

Just food for thought.

I've compared times too, turn to turn, based on one of my 1:42 laps and it's almost the same turn to turn. So given its a stocker car with street rubber (i assume) it's certainly not exceedingly "slow" (despite it looking like it is!).