SAU Community

So I Got Quoted $280 For Two Upper Control Arm Bushes Wtf?

Rolls

I need a set of upper control arm bushes for my R32 skyline, now I rang car torque (normally very cheap and good service) and they quoted me $280 for just the two bits of plastic and $250 if I wanted adjustable ones. Wtf is up with that? Its two pieces of plastic that couldn't cost more then $2-5 to manafacture.

I got an entire front end set for $80 for my HR31 skyline from them (8-10 bushes). Anyone know any other suppliers that sell super pro bushes cheaply?

Yeah found that autobahn sell the rubber ones for $54 and everyone else will sell nolathane for $150, super pro seems to be $300 basically everywhere. Might just try and get trade price on nolathane ones, everything else is super pro so I'm not worried about them cracking really.

Still don't understand how they can get away charging 10,000% mark-up on bushes. I mean surely urethane costs less than a dollar to make, add on taxes, shipping, packaging, manufacturing and you'd come up to maybe $5-10 max and they sell for $300. The fact that they are less than half price for basically the same setup on an R31 confirms this.

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd let everyone know, nolathane are f**king terrible.

Clapped out rubber ones full of play would be less annoying than the horrible squeeking noise they make. The whole front end just does squeeke seequeekekekekkqqqyqyqyqyyqyyyy squeeek over every single tiny bump in the road, even the smoothest roads with zero bumps squeek NON STOP.

As soon as I can be f**ked changing them I will be throwing them in the bin, absolute shit I have no idea how anyone can put up with the HORRIBLE NON STOP NOISE

I used the entire thing of lube that came with them, is that enough? They were tight as a flamin mongrel to put in, had to smash them with a mallet for like 10 minutes each and use a vice towards the end almost bending the control arm.

Edited by Rolls