SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) aint got enough coin atm.. but ill be out to watch though. might take my camera out too.

full payment for the trackday is due May 31 so you have some time left.

no spectators for this one, but probably better photo opportunities at the next SAU trackday or at the next High Performance Driving course that i'm running in November (if you want to be the SAU photographer for that day).

just to confirm its an Advanced course, coz in the paper work u pm'd it keeps going on about the high performance course??

uh... the title of this thread is Advanced Driving Course.

if you read page 3 of the pdf, it states "This course will help you progress safely to a top level John Bowe Driving High Performance course or club track event"

perhaps you're misinterpreting "it is a requirement that participants have completed a defensive or advanced course prior to attending our High Performance course. This ‘Car Club Performance Drive Day’ meets & exceeds this experience requirement." ----- the statement refers to this Advanced Driving Course (June 21) being a prerequisite for later the High Performance course (November).

hope that this clears up any confusion.

Kim, I may be in a position where I've moved my skyline on and have another vehicle, is there any issue with me bringing a different car?

absolutely no problem at all with bringing a non-Skyline along to this as long as the car you have is roadworthy. people often have last minute changes as well all know that things break!

the list is looking pretty sparse at the moment:

* GoAhead (form sent)

* niksta (form sent)

* Sparkys (form sent)

x Normsta

x Cheddar

x JSTA33

? RBJETT

? SXY 33

? dark.sky

? ozyk

? Ripp3r (didn't u do this course last year?)

will be hard to justify offering this sort of driving course again next year if the overall interest is low... :down:

C'mon people, it will be good to do this. I know it's a fair whack of money but it'll be a good experience and you'll have a great time. Maybe some of the guys who did this course last year put a good word in here hey.

That's not good Kimmy :) I've messaged all those people like you've asked but haven't had many replies, not sure what's going on but hopefully they wake up and get in on it. C'mon guys, pull yer fingers out, this is a great day!!!

P.S. Do you know if my mates brother (Mark Benham) has sent his form in?

Do you know if my mates brother (Mark Benham) has sent his form in?

no, i don't know yet, but i will catch up with Dean from John Bowe Driving early next week to go over the list of participants and update the list accordingly.

less than a month to go and i have a whopping three confirmed entries from SAU (Sparkys, GoAhead, niksta)

what's going here? :)

Word

whats the minimum needed to go ahead with this?

I would normally need a minimum of 20 drivers to make the event happen, but as we have booked Mallala out for the day, we are committed to running this and will have make up the numbers with other car clubs (Porsche Club of SA, WRX SA, FPV etc), so rest assured that we are still going ahead with the event.

Luke - thanks for the additional two.