SAU Community

In The Market For A V35 And Confused

Not sure if V35s ever got the RevUp but they were first seen on the 350Z Anniversary edition, not a lot of detailed specs but apparently new camshaft profiles, stronger con-rods and crank-shaft. Nissan claim is a lift in power to 221kw and also an increase in red-line to 7000rpm. Apparently there's an issue with tolerances in the piston rings which caused excessive oil burning. This was an issue for me and after some lengthy testing Nissan Australia replaced my engine (long motor) with a new one, which has fixed the excessive oil consumption of my car (averaged around 300-400ml per 1000kms during testing).

Wow they replaced it? Thats great.

Did you have to fork out any money of your own?

It was under warranty so everything was free of charge. The car had to go through consumption testing though, which was an oil level check every 1,000kms, and no track days in that time either. The whole process from reporting the problem to driving away with the new engine took about a year though.

• 1 month later...

Did the same checking when i went to buy my V35 and the problem from what i read was only in the 05 - and later modles if you go '03 '04 you should be sweet, and it wasnt just the manual from my understanding.

i think most oil burning is in usa with infinity cars that are build there not jap?

Infiniti's are made in Japan and exported to the US, but obviously have different specs.

I have 04 Manual, with no oil issues. But I have changed the drivers side power window motor.

Another thought regarding manuals, is that the later models missed out on the Brembo's.