SAU Community

Wat Oil Should I Use For My R33 S2

moe69r

A quality, fully synthetic at around the 5-40 weight for stock (I think Nissan uses 0-30 but not sure, too thin for my liking).

Personally, I run Valvoline Synpower 10W-50 in my built 30 and Neo in my Stag.

• 2 weeks later...

GW get their oils off shell and put some additives in it and re-sell it, ive run castrol in most of my cars (5w30) has served me very well, performed better than mobil1 5w50 in my gtr actually, kept oil temps below 90 always where as the mobil1 would get abit hotter even if i wasnt driving the car 'hard'.

where is your proof of castrol "sucking ass"

well after using i didn't develop toxic sludge but if i used it again i probably would and oil pressure dropped off allot at temp. i have no proof, im no big oil company and i cant afford to test hundreds of samples to get a definitive result not many ppl can. but the main reason i said it sucks ass it so that ppl would try alternatives because castrol is advertised heaps and ppl instantly go for it when there are better and or cheaper alternatives.

I believe oil sampling kits are only $26 from CAT, maybe try some Castrol and then get a sample tested and THEN, if appropriate, say it sucks ass, with evidence.

Edited by bubba