SAU Community

Any Apprentice Or Recently Qualified Boilermakers On Here?

VB-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah did it ages ago. fucking hate homework, thats why i did a trade instead of going to uni (plus i'm a dumb c*nt), hence not wanting to do the paperwork side of things.

• 1 month later...

whats the difference between a boilermaker and a catfish?.........jk lol.

gotta love the old bucketheads, i know i sure wouldnt like to go weld galvanised handrails all day and be staring at the 'light' for a living. +1 for mechanical trades :O

gotta love the old bucketheads, i know i sure wouldnt like to go weld galvanised handrails all day and be staring at the 'light' for a living. +1 for mechanical trades :ninja:

providing no pay slips dont were thrown into the argument, i would agree with you entirely

hahaha i feel like the lead actor in one of those alien films "my god, they're eevveerryywwheeerreee"

+1 on short fuses.... c*nt!

man i watched the original 'alien' movie the other day, that scene where she's in her undies, youd give her one

sigourney weavers not bad either

:D

• 5 months later...

I'm a Sheetmetal Fabricator Tradesman and a Boilermaker as well... And one of my best mates is a Fitter and Turner/Machinist. He's got a Skyline too, haha.

dear boilermakers

lol at you

with love, from fitters.

:thumbsup:

laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

Classic! Only 'cos I'm a fitter tho'.

Edited by Daleo

Oh, so you guys work in the Women's Clothing department? Hahaha.

"Deez'll fit her"

=P

Yep, ladies lingerie :whistling: .

I do all the fittings on hot chicks :thumbsup: . You can do the gramdma's if you like...

You have to be a boilermaker to leave a joke like that hangin' on the vine.

i guess it depends what you do for work. although boilermakers are sposed to be meatheads and have no finesse in what they do, and think everything can be fixed with a hammer

on paper im a qualified BOILERMAKER

but where i worked the thickest we would go is like 9-10 mm and that was just for comp pads. we used to make pharmaceutical tanks and pressure vessels, so everythings mirror polished and it was all tig work. zero mig!

now i just landed a job at a hot rod and race shop, building rods and race cars n restoring old cars. so... im not really a boiler maker am i lol

the reason why alot of companys make thier students boilermakers is because its cheaper for them.

I did my apprenticeship as a Sheetmetal Fabricator, mainly on stainless steel and aluminum shit... Only reason I chased after the Boilermakers ticket was to make it easier to get a job in the coal mines. I prefer TIG over MIG anyday though... In all honesty, fabricating and repair work is better than 'gouge, grind, weld' all day, haha.

i guess it depends what you do for work. although boilermakers are sposed to be meatheads and have no finesse in what they do, and think everything can be fixed with a hammer

on paper im a qualified BOILERMAKER

but where i worked the thickest we would go is like 9-10 mm and that was just for comp pads. we used to make pharmaceutical tanks and pressure vessels, so everythings mirror polished and it was all tig work. zero mig!

now i just landed a job at a hot rod and race shop, building rods and race cars n restoring old cars. so... im not really a boiler maker am i lol

the reason why alot of companys make thier students boilermakers is because its cheaper for them.

Yeh, I was just stirring anyway :thumbsup: .

I have seen some old school boilermakers turn out some truly unbelievable work, and I've seen some fitters turn out work that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. All depends on how much pride you have in your work.

I work for Astrazeneca, wonder if we've got any of your gear here?

Nice work on the new job, what an opportunity to showcase your skills!