SAU Community

Older Members Debunk Hoon Sterotyping?

Your inference is that people below the age of 50 are therefore hoons?

No. What he is saying is that the elder members can promote the fact that an official car club and its members (irrelevent of age) are enthusiasts and NOT hoons. To the public, this will have more weight in any attempt to alter the stereotyping by the mainly elder public.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. What he is saying is that the elder members can promote the fact that an official car club and its members (irrelevent of age) are enthusiasts and NOT hoons. To the public, this will have more weight in any attempt to alter the stereotyping by the mainly elder public.

Agreed, a bunch of guys in there early 20's attempting to tell older members of the public would more likely be less effective than older members :)

Agreed, a bunch of guys in there early 20's attempting to tell older members of the public would more likely be less effective than older members :P

Well said. :)

^^^ Thanks for the support Ben & others above him.

I intend to measure heights of some cars @ car yards, like lambos. Oldies seem to have a mortgage on being able to walk into these places and 'appear' to be able to afford one or even ten of them. If I can find even one that is lower than 100mm off the ground. I regard that as evidence/proof that enthusiasts' cars of a particular genre are being singled out.

Having been a pharmacist before, I seriously doubt that the wheel used by the police has been stamped by the Department of Weights and Measures in your state. In the chemist shop, every little weight & scales have to be inspected and stamped by the above department periodically. Meanwhile, legally, we are forced to take the word of the policeman that the diameter of that wheel is 100mm and not over, when he checks the height of your exhaust/bodykit above the ground. Hmmm...

I also want to compare the legality of sponge type filters sitting above say, rochester carbies on toranas etc, and draw comparisons as to why a non-boxed pod is any more dangerous. I believe that the jets of a 4-barrel are more perilous in flammability than a dry-sponge pod.

If I had the machinery of a motor engineer to compare the dB of an Italian supercar exhaust to a fujitsubo/kakimoto on a 'Line (or even a bov), I believe that this would be contributory evidence towards a good petition too. I've seen on a thread here somewhere that a high-revving ferrari engine/exhaust is rated differently according to acceleration c.f. deceleration. I'm not sure about this. I've never been defected to ask about measuring criteria. Can someone inform me and put me out of my naivety please?

Terry

35, two kids, school teacher and own modified skyline. I have thought about this too. Government sanctioned discrimination. Needs a measured, mature and united approach just as you are describing. Happy to help and be involved.

Dan

More e-mails will be sent on Wed with pleasure.

Feedback/improvements to the draft will also be of course, received with pleasure.

Many thanks so far to all.

MMM DRIFTING

Sorry guys but from what Ive heard the tracks don't like to have these events due to the damage and rubbish that's left behind, also its a fringe event which is now promoted by the shops to sell there stuff, they don't care if there is nowhere to go, 1 or 2 events a year is enough to keep the cash registers singing, my opinion is to switch to grip events.

i like drifting not doing grip events, alot of other people are the same as me and only want to drift, it sucks when so many people that dont drift just assume we are idoits who want to tear up the peoples tracks and leave our rubbish behind

+1 to the what the OP wants to do, would be nice to be able to drive my car around without being harassed by the police and ignorant public because im a hoon, not because of how i drive but because of the car i drive

E-mails sent out to all interested parties this morning.

There are now 2x versions of Petition #1 (about rights)

There is the new companion Petition #2 (about responsibility)

Final drafts will be presented to the Execs in NSW by 23/5/10 for their perusal before the AGM.

If you'd like to present final drafts to Execs in your own state, we'd really like this to snowball....

thorugh car clubs, through motoring magazines, through the MTA & motoring organisations :(

Sounds good. Some progress is being made :(

Any word back from Justin Fox?

Sorry Benson,

He's the one I need to contact this weekend. I'm remiss sometimes = a male trying to multitask.

Don't tell Humbla...

Can you PM me Justin's e-mail address again please?

Sorry Benson,

He's the one I need to contact this weekend. I'm remiss sometimes = a male trying to multitask.

Don't tell Humbla...

Can you PM me Justin's e-mail address again please?

Hey Terry,you coming to the biggest dyno day down here tomorrow ? :P

Sorry G,

I can't make it down tonight/tomorrow. So damn busy.

BTW, did you hear about the bus crash at Kangaroo Valley tonight?

20 injured + 4 critical + 1 dead. The bus went down an embankment on Moss Vale Rd. Sad.

Have a great time yourself & I look forward to meeting up again.

count me in as a 47y old grandfather and truck driver i get it from both sides.

as a truck driver im a drug taking road terrorist and as as import car owner

im a hoon

how did i miss this thread feel free to send me a copy of it as well . i used to get followed a fair bit as well till i stuck my mid life crisis sticker on the back window lol now i get left alone .

i guess i qualify for the old farts club turn 51 in july

cheers dean aka mid life crisis

Hahaaa Dean, PM sent asking for your e-mail.

We've had e-mail discussions on this before.

E-mail sent to Justin Fox, also.

I respect everyone's proposed improvements

Regards, Tez

All 14 of you who've helped to revamp the 2x Petitions should take a bow. :P

The petitions have now gone to the NSW SAU President for General Business purposes. :)

Jason Round, Chief Editor of Performance Imports Magazine is also willing to put them up in their monthly newsletter + make a reference to them in the news section of a future magazine. Many thanks to Jason :)

This journey has begun !!!