SAU Community

Rice globes

predator

Does anybody know where you can get nice ricey interior bulbs up here?

I'm basically after some coloured bulbs to replace a few of the instrument cluster bulbs. Want brighter wattage ones with some sort of colouring to them so i can make my dash look interesting at night. I think they're the blade kind.

Guest RedLineGTR

Find little caps for the globes :) i just had a little look at how the globes looks like and you would have to go to a store that would stock some similar items and compare them too..

Hey Pred if you are looking for those kind of globes and don't mind fitting them yourself then I have found Jaycar to have the best range and prices.

Example: 2meters of blue EL cable is $29.00, the exact same thing at Supercheapo Auto is $59.95 and Autobarn has it for $69.95

I am will use high intensity blue LED's in mine when i get around to pulling the dash apart again.

Yeah, i think i am heading that route, with some 12V LEDs. I just put it all back together, so might be a while until i get around to it.

Familiar with Jaycar, when i was in Melb, went there a fair bit to pick up this and that. And yup, the prices there are much cheaper that other places for common stuff. Wiring it up should be no probs, i know my way around a soldering iron.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Well, of course there's something wrong with the suspension. It was like that when it came out of the factory. Nissan wanted it to ride at least 50mm higher than most of us. They wanted it to be comfortable enough that the press and user reviews didn't complain about fillings being knocked out of teeth. The marketing people wanted to be able to talk about their fantastic new 4WS system (even if it was a pointless exercise, ha! pointless! Do you see what I did there? no? oh well. too bad). There weren't any semi-slicks or semi-semi-slicks or 18" wheels. Laser pointers didn't exist, so you couldn't easily build a bump steer gauge. There wasn't any better technology for suspension bushes than squishy shit in a condom. The list goes on.
    • I personally recommend not messing with factory suspension until you can clearly identify something wrong. For example I think the R33 might need some way to adjust front camber because I feathered the edges of the tires much more than the center of the tread doing some figure 8s and slalom.
    • Did some baking today, managed to fit it all in the oven. Turned out pretty good. Hopefully it holds up well to a bit of tool abuse.  Popped a few pieces on to see what the colours will look like. Pretty happy with how it came up.  Now to wait for the rest of the stuff to rock up
    • A creative mounting location would be from the roof. We totally need to bring back ludicrous stereo designs from AutoSalon days...
    • don't do. Fricken typos. Make me look like the sheeple.