SAU Community

What Are They Worth

Hi fellas,

How much would you guys say a fully built r34 GTR v spec with 650rwkw and all top jap parts be worth (2.8l, hks t51r etc). Does $90k sound like a reasonable price??

Edited by on__edge

Easy, this long;

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------->

:cheers:

I'd say they are worth what you are willing to pay for it.

That's a nice bit of string you got there... How much you want for it?

Yeah thats what i love about sales, someone will pay what they think its worth but they love a bargain. So if it appears to be a bargain they will buy, even if its not :cheers:

Cover postage and ill send it hahaha

I think you'll find that mods (whether japanese, australian or chinese) hold very little of their actual value.

If you are happy to pay that and get a car you like you should be happy with that.

But don't expect the car to hold its value over the next 5 years when you want to on sell it

how long is a piece of string?

You know 'how long'?!!!

I met him in China :) he was pretty skinny :0

OP

as what most have said, condition of the car is paramount. as a seller I wouldn't want a buyer (who has not even seen/driven the car) to beat my price down significantly because that's what he thought the car was worth.

Edited by jaxt

I would think that $90K... not a chance. 650kw requires that virtually every part of the drive line and supporting components be upgraded in some form or another if you want it to last more than 5 minutes (not just the engine).

Anyone spending the $200+k it requires to build a car of this level isnt going to just give it away for $90k. As a general rule the money would have been spent on a car that was in very good condition to begin with. Though running that power level tends to break everything around your "strong" parts as well so you would really want to know what your looking at before buying.

You might get a track spec'd RB26 powered R34 GTR for $90K at the moment, which i'd prefer any day over something setup for drag or top speed...

i dunno... i think 90k is possible... maybe even frequent and easy.

theres a catch tho.

I've seen a number of high powered cars go for low prices, its pretty common, but you know what???

They've all been thrashed, they're going for that price because they're tired, worn and are starting to cost more in maintenance than they're worth.

So yes you can get your 650kw 34 gtr for 90k, you'll then go on to spend the money that you "saved" plus maybe a bit more, reconditioning everything so that it runs for longer than a few months.

Agree with JDM Performance +1

But from a completely different angle ie. a financial one...

If I had $90K spare, I'd seriously be looking at a VS II NUR > further down the track, you get a greater %age of your $$$ back.