SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2010

Marlin

Dom can't be enjoying it that much - it's already up for sale! I was half tempted I must say since my 34 has gone to heaven.....

No mate I do like it but i have been offered a JDM 2009 for $80k landed.

heres a vid in a non-competitive stage at Longford.

Edited by Dominic

Your advert says you are going back the EMO lands though Dom! Your old car is also a JDM with no street rego though right?

Anyways - my R34 could be fixed. The chasis rails are still fine. But its a 7yo race car that I have been considering putting out to pastures for a little while now and this seems like the perfect excuse to do so.

"We can rebuild Smaug — we have the technology" Where is your sense of romance Snowcone. Tweaks here and there, just need to find a panel beater that wants to work with you for some signage.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a pic of that 400r after its hit in Unique cars. Does anyone know if its a write or just a massive repair job.

When I saw a shot of it before targa started I thought wow cool, hang on aren't they really rare and its going in targa tas!

Anyway looked like a great car, hopefully a fixer!

"We can rebuild Smaug — we have the technology" Where is your sense of romance Snowcone. Tweaks here and there, just need to find a panel beater that wants to work with you for some signage.

snowball's moved onto a younger maiden, that's the problem.

It was only a replica, and it's being reshelled.

Oh ok,

I thought real deal as it was being referred to as 400R in a couple of magazines. Nice car either way.

I really need to go down next year as a spectator!

Oh ok,

I thought real deal as it was being referred to as 400R in a couple of magazines. Nice car either way.

I really need to go down next year as a spectator!

It's a pretty close replica... a lot of time, effort and funds went into producing it out of many genuine and custom produced parts, but this 'opportunity' allows it to be improved further.

Don't be fooled by the older (pre-993) RS and RSR 911s either!... but from a competition point of view, the replicas are going far far quicker than any of the genuine ones ever have ;)