SAU Community

Thinking About Selling Marv.....

66 skyline gt

hey guys, the time has come,

its a great lil car and some thing a bit out of the ordinary, quite unique actually, but now its not quite the family car...:)

( unless i own a small jap family...:D )

any way my attention has been grabbed by the good ol stagea ( i do miss my wagon...:) )

so my question is:

WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ASK FOR THE OLD BEAST?

people that know it will know whats been done to it, and will have a vague idea on what it might be worth.....

its the only one if its kind......

any valuable input will be great....

at this time its only rough idea, it does come with a hell of a lot of spare ORGINAL panels and other goodies, so yeah....

i will miss him, but lets see what you guys recon...

may even be interested in a swap,.....im just putting feelers out at the moment....

cheers, pete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DANG Pete must be hard to think about parting with him

ever so hard to put a price on a car like that some would say its no longer a prince(skyline) since its molested some would say you've made it better BUT because its got a RB20det in it its prolly been thrashed

have you thought about getting some good photo's and chucking it in unique cars for say $25k ono

i have no idea what its worth for what its worth, but it is a real head turner

i can tell ya now , it aint thrashed, and just to give some people an idea on whats in it lets begin:

rb20det ( auto motor , with manual conversion) that what i didnt get a pre thrashed motor from japan and its only done 11,000 kms since its been here)

! piece tail shaft

5 speed manual with short shift kit

hilux 4.1, 4 pinion LSD with 31 spline axels

r 32 GTR 300mm cross drill front rotors and calipers

R34 Neo turbo ( being the nylon front wheel, makes it responsive as all buggary)

450 x 300 x x76 core front mount

k&n pod filter

2.5 in split dump

oil relocation kit, with monster front mount oil cooler ( 550 x 150 x 50 thick)

r32 GTS front rims, R32 GTR rear rims

8mm fuel lines front to rear, dual fuel pumps and surge tank

suzuki swift GTI front seats

PLUS lots of other stuff....

and lost of other goodies to go wuith it...:(

Edited by 66 skyline gt

I don't know about other people but i reckon it should be worth more with the RB20DET in it, better than the POS engine that was probably in it before & and a lot more powerful and efficient to drive!

If people have any idea about cars they won't automatically assume it's been thrashed, that's just a biased opinion really..

Edited by Murry33

did this originally have an L20 with triple webber? My dad knew a guy with one, went pretty well for a car of its time.

What a mean machine, it sucks that you have to part with it, you probably get only rare chance to own such a piece of Nissan history

Is the engine conversion engineered?

Condition of paint?

Any rust? Or rust repair?

Chassis condition?

If I were a buyer, I'd have those kind of questions on my mind. Just so you know what your potential buyer may be thinking. :(

Damn shame to have to part with something like that :)

If I had the money, I'd be keen on a SVD R31 coupe ... but now that I've seen your beast, I'd be keen to buy that!

Car is worth easily in excess of $60k by my estimates.

Its very hard to find these GT's in such good nick standard, let alone with all the work thats been put in

Saw on on ebay.jp going in excess of 100k aud...

shame you want to sell it pete, but make sure u get many opinions on its value - you may very well get a decent amount of coin back

-D

take no offence Pete as i know Marv has been in for a rebuild so i haven't seen him in a long time but my memory of him was he wasnt one of those top notch builds it was just a done build now where near worth 60k Dohmar thinks

i certainly wouldn't part with 25k on the previous Marv as i said i haven't seen the quality of your work now

i know you've put a lot of time into it and the parts list is long but those two things in its self does = dollar Value, its like me building an Autech replica then trying to fetch $50k for a replica

just my thoughts... i'm sure you appreciate my honesty even if it seems brutal

take no offence Pete as i know Marv has been in for a rebuild so i haven't seen him in a long time but my memory of him was he wasnt one of those top notch builds it was just a done build now where near worth 60k Dohmar thinks

i certainly wouldn't part with 25k on the previous Marv as i said i haven't seen the quality of your work now

i know you've put a lot of time into it and the parts list is long but those two things in its self does = dollar Value, its like me building an Autech replica then trying to fetch $50k for a replica

just my thoughts... i'm sure you appreciate my honesty even if it seems brutal

na its all good, im just trying to find out whether its worth selling him as a running project, or just shed him and leave the stag as a pipe dream....

if i sell him, he will need to fund the price for a stag...... other wise, he sits and does nothing....

i just think its a toatl waste him sitting there in the shed.....

and like i say, its a good base for some one, who wants to have some serious fun and have a one of a kind vechile...

I would say somewhere in the 20's to sell it, mainly because it is rare & has had some work done to it. But of course it depends if it's registered with the RB20 etc, that would be one main selling point.

its a tough one Pete, no real easy answer either

put him in the shed and bring him out on SAU cruises and track days ??

would me we have to hold more cruises so you can bring Marv out of the shed like the old days

its a tough one Pete, no real easy answer either

put him in the shed and bring him out on SAU cruises and track days ??

would me we have to hold more cruises so you can bring Marv out of the shed like the old days

I reckon keep it - for $16k you can get a stag - surely selling Marv you'd want 3 times this...

And steve, its not so much the fact that the cars been rebuilt, moreso the rarity of that vehicle - they have been collectors items for quite some time now, I'm sure if Pete was to sell it, he'd get more money selling it back to a person in Japan

-D

I would say somewhere in the 20's to sell it, mainly because it is rare & has had some work done to it. But of course it depends if it's registered with the RB20 etc, that would be one main selling point.

I would say the main selling point is the shell and how good condition it is in and the quality of the paintwork on it.

The shell is a unique rare piece of motoring history, but the engine lets it down by not being the original therefore dragging the value down.

I reckon keep it - for $16k you can get a stag - surely selling Marv you'd want 3 times this...

And steve, its not so much the fact that the cars been rebuilt, moreso the rarity of that vehicle - they have been collectors items for quite some time now, I'm sure if Pete was to sell it, he'd get more money selling it back to a person in Japan

-D

its like holding funds in the bank and doing nothing, , i've had my fun and now its time to hand on the fun to some one else... also i need a wagon for praticallity....

so geting a stag is the best of both worlds...

i dont want to put myself into debt, so i sell one toy and gte another... you know the as the wheel goes round, so is the cycle of life...:(

Damn shame to have to part with something like that :(

If I had the money, I'd be keen on a SVD R31 coupe ... but now that I've seen your beast, I'd be keen to buy that!

SVD didnt do coupes.

pulsars and aus sedans, yes, coupes. no.

-D

unfortunately, at the end of the day, it isnt much of a collectors item (not in the way youre trying to say) because of the extent to which its been modified.

Edited by scandyflick

its like holding funds in the bank and doing nothing, , i've had my fun and now its time to hand on the fun to some one else... also i need a wagon for praticallity....

so geting a stag is the best of both worlds...

i dont want to put myself into debt, so i sell one toy and gte another... you know the as the wheel goes round, so is the cycle of life...:(

I do understand.... its hard eh ;\

Just dont be hasty to sell it and sell yourself short.

Find a friend who can read/write japanese and put it on yahoo.jp or some other japanese site

I'm sure there are folks there who would chop off their finger to own that car

-D

EDIT and dave is correct.... tis a shame it wasnt the original engine... do u still have the original engine?

I would say the main selling point is the shell and how good condition it is in and the quality of the paintwork on it.

The shell is a unique rare piece of motoring history, but the engine lets it down by not being the original therefore dragging the value down.

Meh, RB20 is better than whatever was in there previously anyway. Besides if you were buying it, you would want to be able to legally register it to drive on the road more preferably.