SAU Community

Thinking About Selling Marv.....

66 skyline gt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, RB20 is better than whatever was in there previously anyway. Besides if you were buying it, you would want to be able to legally register it to drive on the road more preferably.

story:

bought it in 1996... yes thats right i have had the car 14 years....

it was never orginasl when i bought it, it had been fitted with a L28 with 240z 3bolt hitatchi's

it came off the road in 01' to have some serious cancer chopped out of it....

that when over 3 years...

then my first devorce, where it fell of the face of the planet to keep out of x wifes hands, and the head went finally for a 3rd time ( got sick of repairing sourcing L block 6 cyl heads)

so i was talking into updating it with a newer motor drive train senario..... hence the 20det.....

it went thru some serious brake upgrades and suspension work too...

then the diff went....

took 3 years to source a reliable bolt in substitute.... hence the hilux... bolted straight in with very minimal fuss....

only came back out of the shed for all jap day this year....

canty really afford to have a car sitting there, not being used, was nevere orignal nor did i claim it, the GUYS from the Prince Skyline GT register ( my club), recon i have done the best i could probly do with the car....

I have kept the fklavour of the original 6 with a modern updatwe that will make it easy to source parts and improve horse power relyably.... also with the 80lt tank ( the orginal which is 99lt) i can get up to 700km from a tank with out be conserative on the fuel

the whole car would maybe weigh in round 1000kg with a full tank...

i love the car and all, but it may be time to move on to bigger and better things....

it has had a lot of upgrades done to it, to make it better than it ever was and more reliable too...

as for taking it back to orginal, with out sinking MEGA amounts of cash in just getting the body back, IE: getting the guards both front and rear completely rebuilt/ fabricated), its probly the best your ever gonna see in a modded ol skooler.....

Edited by 66 skyline gt

dont know if this is up your alley or affordable but for $16,700 on road thats pretty darn good

2050-IMG_2736.JPG<<CLick

i hate the look of those new stags... make me want to kill myself...... the look tooooooooo much like a volvo!

sorry guys i like the wc34 body shapes......

and in bayside blue with dual sunroofs.... make me all warm and fuzzy...:)

PLUS need to sell marv to get the money for that...:(

still like the orginal stags...:)

Edited by 66 skyline gt

i hate the look of those new stags... make me want to kill myself...... the look tooooooooo much like a volvo!

sorry guys i like the wc34 body shapes......

and in bayside blue with dual sunroofs.... make me all warm and fuzzy...:(

heh

if lex ever decides to sell his, I'll pass the info on lol - hes got a nice bayside blue stag, not sure about rooves tho

-D

pete, let me know if you're selling for sure, and how much you want for it. I might consider taking it off your hands :(

hey shan, like i say if i can get my hands on a stag, ill be happy...

hey shan, like i say if i can get my hands on a stag, ill be happy...

man... if I had enough cash to get you a stag... by jeez by jingoes by crikey I would..

quite a fan of marvin...

-D

Damn you Shan!

Pete give me a buzz and we'll talk. I've been looking for something old school in Japan for a while now, maybe we can work something out with importing you a nice manual C34 thrown into the mix, possibly an Autech 260RS if you prefer.

It's a very nice car indeed, I'm sure you won't have a shortage of people wanting to buy it Pete :(

I don't even think it matters a whole deal if it's the original engine or not, the car is still a classic in great condition for it's age

Edited by Murry33

It's a very nice car indeed, I'm sure you won't have a shortage of people wanting to buy it Pete :(

I don't even think it matters a whole deal if it's the original engine or not, the car is still a classic in great condition for it's age

yeah man. the dollars are there if he finds the right person

just wish i had a wallet large enough to get it myself

-D

Damn you Shan!

Pete give me a buzz and we'll talk. I've been looking for something old school in Japan for a while now, maybe we can work something out with importing you a nice manual C34 thrown into the mix, possibly an Autech 260RS if you prefer.

that'd be the best deal.

or my stag.....

lol Kristian, I just sold my 73 Camaro, and was looking at either an S30 or GC10 down the track, but having been in Marv and knowing its history I'd take it over the other two in a heartbeat. Since I'm only 75% committed atm Pete I'd almost say give it to the Chef if you want an easy deal and a Stag swapsies.

The couple of similar examples I have seen in japan recently have been priced around 20-25 grand mark (in Japan) however these were immaculate stock examples which are probably well into the 30's by the time they are imported here.

Just curious... are there any others for sale around at the moment on carsales/forums etc? perhaps you could judge from these if there are?

Car is worth easily in excess of $60k by my estimates.

Its very hard to find these GT's in such good nick standard, let alone with all the work thats been put in

Saw on on ebay.jp going in excess of 100k aud...

shame you want to sell it pete, but make sure u get many opinions on its value - you may very well get a decent amount of coin back

-D

LOL.

They lose value if they aren't matching numbers etc at that age.

No-one would pay $60k for one with an RB20.

LOL.

They lose value if they aren't matching numbers etc at that age.

No-one would pay $60k for one with an RB20.

Didnt know it had an rb20 at the time. He didnt mention that in his initial post.

-D

Didnt know it had an rb20 at the time. He didnt mention that in his initial post.

-D

Yeah a restored matching numbers car would be worth big dollars, though more likely it would be in Japan. They go crazy for the old Skylines and the like. Though unfortunately I think they would only be worth like $30k keeping the price of the high demand model of Skyline in mind :)

Can't believe you are considering selling your baby Pete :thumbsup:

Definitely +1 for a deal with Christian - if he can source you a killer 260RS Stag (why not have RB26DETT GTR power while you're at it) for a swap you would be on easy street methinks. Especially if he could be lucky enough to find one in Bayside Blue (not sure if the 260RS actually came in BB though) .... very nice.