SAU Community

Heartbreak Again!

Tommmo

hey mate, i was standing rite next to it as it happened, was abasic ramp up on stock boost with afr's in the tens, did a few pulls with a max of 270kw on about 14.4 psi, when john went to pull off the dyno u could here a slight rattle.... john was like wtf, this is a built motor that has never copped any abuse....

feel for u mate

hey mate, i was standing rite next to it as it happened, was abasic ramp up on stock boost with afr's in the tens, did a few pulls with a max of 270kw on about 14.4 psi, when john went to pull off the dyno u could here a slight rattle.... john was like wtf, this is a built motor that has never copped any abuse....

feel for u mate

yeh mate it blows big time..

I've already received a couple of offers but the thought of getting rid of the car sickens me.. so I don't think that's an option

'the night is darkest before the dawn'

and also wayne, name n shame is not goin to help, this would happen all the time all over the world with performance engines, just disapoints me that this engine builder wont take responsibility... he has built many 500 to 1500hp engines of all capacitys with huge success...

Man that sucks, My advice is to keep the car and save up $$ to fix it up, loosing all those thousands and thousands of money u put into it would be a waste :P. i feel u man.

put it on a crate and send it over.

ill strip it down, let you know why it failed and rebuild it for you. No labour charge. Nothing.

ill send it back...you can wick it up...then tell me what you think its worth.

deal?

Now THAT, Is a very generous offer to good to pass up...

ive done it before and have no problem doing it again.

the last fella made a nice donation to my racing fund and he is still caning his engine regularly at track events.

machine shop labour (if required) , parts and freight are your costs. I will also ask that you put your car up as security if Jake requires a bail bond. :P

Edited by Swiper the Fox

paul (swiper the fox) is building my monster (800-1000hp 2.8) his expertise and knowledge of rb's, mostly rb26s is 2nd to none...

id take this offer up in a flash.... with fuel pump, power fc and injectors u wil b good for 350 to 400kw all day with those -5's

p.s tommo's engine builder n tuner r totally unrelated for those who dont know

Very generous indeed. SAU could do with more folks like urself!

-D

cause i don't do enough for sau :P

very generous swiper btw i used to love that fox "swiper NO swipping" hahhahah

Don't sell your car, unless you need the money or another car.

My wife and I bought our first place 6 years ago So my car budget became non existant and given it was a luxury it just covered it left it in the garage for 2 years. Things got better regoed spent some more on it loved it again, then just over 1.5 years ago, our daughter was born. Well low and behold I my lost my car budget again:)

However recently I have been buying a bunch of stuff turbos etc and hoprfully be back in business by the end of this year.

Sorry for the rambling, but point of the story you still feel great owning it, knowing its there and one day you'll have it going again as you intended. I nearly sold my car during in the early days but am so glad I didn't, 7 years later I still have it:)

Also you would take a big financial hit selling it anyway so would it really be worth selling it.

P.S. Take up Pauls offer he has a great reputation on SAU, and chances are you be able to use most of your existing parts anyway wouldn't you?

Edited by gtr fan

Don't sell your car, unless you need the money or another car.

My wife and I bought our first place 6 years ago So my car budget became non existant and given it was a luxury it just covered it left it in the garage for 2 years. Things got better regoed spent some more on it loved it again, then just over 1.5 years ago, our daughter was born. Well low and behold I my lost my car budget again:)

However recently I have been buying a bunch of stuff turbos etc and hoprfully be back in business by the end of this year.

Sorry for the rambling, but point of the story you still feel great owning it, knowing its there and one day you'll have it going again as you intended. I nearly sold my car during in the early days but am so glad I didn't, 7 years later I still have it:)

Also you would take a big financial hit selling it anyway so would it really be worth selling it.

P.S. Take up Pauls offer he has a great reputation on SAU, and chances are you be able to use most of your existing parts anyway wouldn't you?

I already am pretty sure why it failed...just need to see 1st hand to confirm.

David, did you recieve an itemised list for work done by builder...if so scan it and PM it to me...this will also help with what i suspect has occurred.

Almost all of the parts except bearings and gaskets should be serviceable if it was shut down and not ran after bottom end started to knock.

Edited by Swiper the Fox

If you're not going to take up Twoogles offer maybe try to use the tuner to help against the builder. I mean no way that motor could of been gone after putting some boost through it. I think he knows he's made the mistake but doesn't want to come to the party with the rebuilding of it, again.

put it on a crate and send it over.

ill strip it down, let you know why it failed and rebuild it for you. No labour charge. Nothing.

ill send it back...you can wick it up...then tell me what you think its worth.

deal?

Paul... i'm lost for words.....that is a VERY generous offer indeed :P

I'd be delighted to take you up on that offer.

David, did you recieve an itemised list for work done by builder...if so scan it and PM it to me...this will also help with what i suspect has occurred.

Almost all of the parts except bearings and gaskets should be serviceable if it was shut down and not ran after bottom end started to knock.

Scanning all the receipts for you now