SAU Community

Rebuild T04r With T04zr Chra

Hello there,

I'm about to buy a T04R turbo kit, but the turbo probably need new bearings.

I see on garrett's website that they've got this CHRA upgrade:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...ZR_740759_2.htm

So does this mean I can send the T04R turbo to them and basically have a T04Z come back to me? Although with the same turbine and compressor housings?

Thanks and sorry if this been asked before :(

Correct the T04R and T04Z use the same wheels so the turbine and compressor housings interchange . Actually from memory HKS had the turbine blades slightly cropped in their spec Garrett cartridges but that's not of any real consequence . Other than that the only difference overall would possibly be the turbine housing if its a HKS special .

The complete HKS T04Z uses different housings and would be the pick given a choice .

A .

• 2 weeks later...
Correct the T04R and T04Z use the same wheels so the turbine and compressor housings interchange . Actually from memory HKS had the turbine blades slightly cropped in their spec Garrett cartridges but that's not of any real consequence . Other than that the only difference overall would possibly be the turbine housing if its a HKS special .

The complete HKS T04Z uses different housings and would be the pick given a choice .

A .

Thanks...been reading lots of your informative posts too :P

Do you know the major differences between HKS T04R and T04Z housings? Is it those cool looking anti-surge little holes?

Does a CHRA upgrade mean new turbine and comp wheels as well?