SAU Community

Hidden Compartment?

Hi guys ive been having problems with the police, whenever i get pulled over (2 times a month) they do a full search of the car. i was wandering if anyone knows of a hiding place in cabin of the car? ive got an r34, i was thinking of taking out the passenger airbag, and put some hinges or something and turn it into a compartment.

anyone have any suggestions??

Do that and the next time they search your car they will be for looking for the reason why your passenger air bag didn't deploy and your mate smashed is head open.

Have you looked behind the sunglasses case? or behind the fuse box by your leg? if you get a dash that has the dvd player/sat nav in it you could buy just the dash and turn the flip up bit into a secret compartment.

If you were really good and you still have the desire to rip shit out of your car you could have a look at taking out the light thing that comes on when the doors open, if you did that and put a spacer up there you could slip the radar detector in there and hook up the power to it?

Does your car have a small panel on the steering wheel column? have a look inside there. Also on the back of the middle compartment box is a little panel that pops off, but I'm sure police would check that.

Lol and why do they search your car? iv never had that done to me before, are you dodgy looking?

And don't they need a warrant to search your car?

Edited by R34 -_-

And don't they need a warrant to search your car?

yeah man they need a warrant to search.. you can refuse when they "ask" you to search the car.

You a drug dealer or sumthing??? lmaoooo

anyways on another note.. I NEED A RADAR DETECTOR!!

Please if you know where i can get one ( i really good one ) PM me or whatever :ermm:..

Also do coppers have a device that picks up radar detectors?? sumone told me they do but i find that hard to believe :banana: ..

(if this topic is dead ill repost in a new one tomorrows )

Yer secret location ain't gunna stay secret much longer if you insist on developing your ideas in public & yes the popo do have radar detector detectors (RDD's) Well worth the investment from their point of view when the fine is/was $1205 plus forfeit of offending detector, back in 2006 (NSW) I hate to think what the fine is now.

Recently I have seen something advertised (www.dontgetcaught.com.au)? that facilitates parking in tight spots. Perfectly legal but this device has a couple of beneficial side effects apparently. I have no personal experience of this & have not seen one demonstrated but it may be worth a look?

Cheers GW

They don't need a warrant. They can search it under suspicion, had it happen to me once.

Same, think 3am after a night out on the town (sober) they pulled me over in my 180sx and had me pull the damn thing apart to search for drugs =/

Nearly the same thing happened when I got done. Picking up the missus at 2am from town and sitting idling outside the club when they pulled in behind me and starting going through my whole car looking for drugs and questioning how I paid for all the modifications. Lied and told them i had only put about $10,000 into it over the years and they looked at me like I had just said a million dollars. Good thing I didn't tell them the truth, would have probably done a strip search on me lol.

nz radar detectors are useless now coz the cops use a new bandwidth and have encrypted radios.. bummer.

Laser jammers would work better i think, not legal but they mess with the signal going back to the cop car so they cant get a confirmed speed on your car (more effective when cops turn there radar off and on to avoid being detected by radar detectors). They usually mount them somewhere hidden in the engine bay, so only a die hard cop would be able to find it and pull it out.

Personally tho i don't speed because its bad and illegal. :D

But if i was to speed i'd always look around first and when its clear i'd do it lol, country back roads are good to..

Edited by R34 -_-

Have you been searched before and caught with anything? I have had my car searched once but to get it fortnightly you must come up with some alert when they check your rego. I don't see the link between getting searched and radars which leads me to think it may be for a certain radar detector sized package instead of a radar detector.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just watching, when the use of unatended unmarked vehicles commenced a short while ago the goal posts got moved, measures must now be considered.

Hi guys ive been having problems with the police, whenever i get pulled over (2 times a month) they do a full search of the car. i was wandering if anyone knows of a hiding place in cabin of the car? ive got an r34, i was thinking of taking out the passenger airbag, and put some hinges or something and turn it into a compartment.

anyone have any suggestions??

no mention of hiding a radar detector.. so im assuming drugs LOL... so either you're a known drug dealer or the previous owner was..

Have you been searched before and caught with anything? I have had my car searched once but to get it fortnightly you must come up with some alert when they check your rego. I don't see the link between getting searched and radars which leads me to think it may be for a certain radar detector sized package instead of a radar detector.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bahahaha you actually make a damn good point.

lol , nah sorry im not drug dealer. to be honest i get pulled over once a month(no reason, well since im honest now ive been done for speeding once), and they do a search once every 2 months, its starting to really give me the sh!ts. especially when im with people it just ruins a good night. i dont have many points left so i decided to invest in a radar detector.

im gonna check out the fuse box area

thanks for the ideas guys

Also he did say "something the size of" a radar detector, he didn't actually said he had a radar detector to hide....

So +1 to above posts lol

EDIT: Damn....he mentioned a radar detector before I finished my post lol

didnt mention anything the size of something??? maybe i missed it..

anyways.. you don't have many points left but you decide to do something illegal.. hmmmm... if there is nothing in your car then you really have nothing to worry about.. a radar detector won't help in most situations anyways as you can be followed by police.. then be pulled over.. a RBT site...

i would go to the police station and ask if your car has anything on the notes.. previous owner gives a reason for pulling over or something would be my guess.. also can't you change the plates or something that stops the details??? i'm not really sure...

i would be logging everytime you are pulled over.. officers details.. time.. location... car rego number (of the police car).. even video evidence.. if they are repeatedly searching your car because the last owner or whatever and after a while should be no reason for suspicion

really... i will have to inspect.. Shamefully i will admit, i have never opened my glovebox LOL..

Only picked up on it when I changed the in cabin air filters :D

lol , nah sorry im not drug dealer. to be honest i get pulled over once a month(no reason, well since im honest now ive been done for speeding once), and they do a search once every 2 months, its starting to really give me the sh!ts. especially when im with people it just ruins a good night. i dont have many points left so i decided to invest in a radar detector.

im gonna check out the fuse box area

thanks for the ideas guys

Dont waste your time with your fuse box, they always check. were the G sensor is on the 33's not sure same ad the 34 is good, will fit large items and can be tucked up aswell.

it really just depends on the cop, some dont know were to start looking. Others are on the ball

radar detectors +++++++1billon lol have always had them, been caught once with one in SA the patrol car had a radar detect detector and it worked and i got a $250 fine no points i was suprized.

guess what i did when i went back home jumped online and bought a new model with VG2 undetectatable, tested it on same patrol car a few weeks later and not a problem. been fine ever since.

there about $400 to buy, not sure what the fines are over here in vic. i hardly use mine anymore only doing long trips back to the country.

if i ever got pulled over use to shove it down my undies lol

BUT! when i got caught by the patrol car with the detector detector, he showed me the rights he had to search the car and then if not found take me into the station for a strip search. i asked him you sure you want it? then pulled it out my pants haha.