SAU Community

Garrett GT3040.

RB GUN

if i were you.. when its nice and cold then turn the wick up :D sorry if what i said seemed rude n that.. i guess the rb25 compression would help. as long as your happy with it thats all that counts. and by me reading all this i know what to exepect when i go to purchase my turbo etc.. so thanks for posting results and letting us know how it goes etc.. does it wheelspin in 3rd, 4th? hehe..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys the mechanic said the at the peak power (Power rais) i had wheel spin. he usually use the 4th gear to test the max power. :)

I am very happy with it. and im ganna boost the car up to maximum 20 psi just for a try at the Eastern creeck ..

results later..

--- Babak ---

Roy,

Does it make power up near 8000rpm? or just flatten out and slowly drop off?

Yeh ive been running around at 1.0bar a bit and its still revving and pulling nicely at those revs. I need to get it the track where i can wind out 3rd and 4th gears, on the street at 1.0bar 1st and 2nd gears is all i can use, kind of :Oops:

For the street i think 200-220rwkws is more then enough i doubt i have much more then that and its all i will ever need. :D

RBsileighty-  Im running a full exhaust system :( I NEED IT ;)

Now that I cleared up that full exhaust includes a cat in the PM (not always sure on slang when we are dealing with two countries), I wonder how much power that cat is holding back at that power level? We don't have emissions testing or visual inspection where I am!!!

The full exhaust systems usually increase around 20 kw from stock standard.

By the way my mistake guys.. my turbo kicks in at 3200 RPM. coz i thought wen u start getting stock to the seat its wen boost comes in. but i checked with my friends its actually wen the gauge shows 1 psi the rev is on 3200 and i have the full boost on 4900 right to 7500-8000 RPM.. but it goes very quick. specially wn im using 17psi... And i also asked my mechanic about boosting up to 20 psi . he shook his head and said i need a spark booster. which i put it in my next upgrade (major) in cluding RB20+forged pistons+crank shafts+the booster = 400+ rwhp.

With my setup atm i think ill run around 12.7-1299 ( hopefully) coz other user told me he did 12.99 mith his r33 with 206 rwkw. but i got 215.4rwkw, so fingers crossed. as long as i get the power to the ground. thats all maters and a good start.

So sorry for the confusion guys.

Regards,

--- Babak ---

That is great to hear that boost comes on so early. Looks like I might be copying your setup more or less bud, as 400rwhp is my goal!

How would a GT30R .60 A/R or a GT35R .70 A/R (these are the standard a/r's i've seen for these turbos) compare with the 3040? These turbos are easier to come across around here.

--- RBsileighty ---

I think that model is the same model as wat we have and we call it GT3540 which has a exh. A/R of 1 or 1.1 or 1.2 im not too sure. so i think the GT35R is = GT3540 here.. :D

Wow... I couldn't handle lag where only 1psi is made at 3200rpm.

My plan is to have it all in by at least 3500rpm making around 400rwhp.

Also.. I would start looking for another mechanic if he is telling you that you need a spark booster. Gap the plugs down and slap a cooler plug to suit the power you are making.

You will only be making 400rwhp which can be done easily with the stock coils.

Clint32 made 243rwkw with a TO4 (bush bearing, full boost some where around 5000rpm) 17-18psi from memory on the stock coils, injectors, remapped ecu. He ran a 12.8 1/4 @ AIR.

Joel, you will need nitrous for "My plan is to have it all in by at least 3500rpm making around 400rwhp" from the rb20, otherwise you will need a car with more cubes. My rb25 waS making that at over 4000rpm. Cant see how a smaller engine will do. Its just not do-able on rb20.

h.

Hi guys, I am getting very tired of this spark thing, where inexperienced Skyline tuners say that you need some sort of spark improving device way too early in the development. We have a perfectly sparking RB26 running to 9,000 rpm that makes over 600 bhp at 1.8 bar on the standard coils and ignitor.

My rule of thumb is pretty simple, if the car is running a standard ECU or Power FC then the standard coils and ignitor are fine. When we need to go to a Motec ECU, then I use the Motec CDI and Mercury outboard coils. It's an expensive solution, but I have yet to find anything else that gives a guaranteed improvement over the standard set up.

Bottom line, as Joel said, don't waste your money MRPREZ.