SAU Community

Help Installing Knock Detecting Device On R32 Gtr

Hey guys

As much as i love the power fc and it's knock feature, i'd prefer a device that would flash a warning light when i'm on throttle and my eyes are pinned on the road. I've decided that the turboxs knock lite would be a good idea, link. I have a couple of questions though

1.Would running off the factory det sensor affect the reading i currently get on my power fc?

2.There are two det sensors on the rb26, which sensor should i use for the turboxs knock lite? i would assume the rear cylinders are more prone to knocking

Cheers

Pat

If you are running a PFC the cat temp or engine check light will already flash if knock exceeds a set level.

If you want something larger than the dash light, just tap into the dash light's power supply from the ECU and run something bigger. We built a custom dash in the nugget with this setup using a 12v LED pilot light.

If you are running a PFC the cat temp or engine check light will already flash if knock exceeds a set level.

If you want something larger than the dash light, just tap into the dash light's power supply from the ECU and run something bigger. We built a custom dash in the nugget with this setup using a 12v LED pilot light.

Good idea, the fc is set at 60 knock before the light comes on, how can i set this value lower/what is a suitable value?

you need datalogit to change the knock level needed for the light to flash. 60 is a fairly good value tho, anything under that isnt serious enough to do damage as a one off thing, of course if its constantly up there then it might be a problem.