SAU Community

Navara Speedo Conversion For R32 With R33 Box.

I have an R32 GTST with RB25DET & R33 gearbox.

Just tonight (in the dark) I fitted my modified Navara/VL speedo drive as per the DIY guide.

However to then get my speedo cable screwed onto the end of it, I had to really bend the cable around more than I would have liked. It is now hooked up fine but the cable is doing a quite sharp 180-degree turn then a sharp 90...

Wondering what other people with the same setup have done in regards to this?

If there is no straight-forward solution or if people are just leaving it like this I will work something out myself when I have more time ( & light...)

At the moment the cable is still held by the standard brackets so may just be a case of removing these, routing the whole thing slightly different to create a better path & re-securing somehow.

Just thought if it had been done before it may make things easier...

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Brett

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

Not at the moment but will take one tomorrow & post it up.

I would assume all people with the same setup have had this problem... Maybe most just leave it as is or remove cable from brackets as I said before... As I say just think it's worth asking

• Nope 2

Here is a pic of what I am talking about. Not the best but couldn't be bothered jacking car up, etc...

post-35893-1275031594_thumb.jpg

Did you do conversion & speedo stuff yourself?

• Nope 2

you can unclip it under the car and move it forward a bit, so its more of a sweeping bend, but thats how it is mate.

was that my guide? how did u find it?

Edited by 32_Dave

Sweet, cheers mate. Will have a muck-around & get the cable to run as nice as possible.

You obviously haven't had any problems...

Yes, used your guide. Very detailed & easy to follow, excellent write-up!

Am a motor-mechanic myself but think things are explained & shown well enough that even people with very basic skills could do the job...

• Nope 2

Yeah unfortunately with the new location of the sender, there is excess cable :D Mine also does big funky loops with cable ties holding it to the fuel lines.