SAU Community

2 Psi Increase?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe no one has suggested the boost solenoid hack yet!

The ECU makes the car run less boost below 4.5k then it runs full boost after. There is a tutorial on here showing you which wire to ground so that it runs full boost at all RPMs, will give you a much bigger punch in the midrange.

Definitely give that a shot!

Have a look through the power thread mate if you want to make a set power level. If you put on even a catback and up your boost to say 12psi (safe limit for the turbo) you'll be on 160-185rwkw in an r34 gtt (depending on a bunch of stuff), so I'd imagine an r33 gtst won't be far off it.

D13 = 140rwkw (STOCK ECR33)

D14 = 9psi

171.1=D13*(D14+2)/D14

i think if the ECU was tuned properly and suitable exhaust, intercooler, intake etc

but with bog stock everything adding 2psi i dont think will give you those gains above

Is it meant to be absolute pressure mate?

I was just going to quote you here haha:

HR32 - A = 0.8 and B = 0.9 kgcm2 which is 0.85kgcm2 (average) which is 12.08 psi

BNR32 A = 0.7 and B = 0.8kgmc2 which is 0.75kgcm2 (average) which is 10.66 psi

ECR33 manual is 385mmhg which is 7.4446 psi

ECR33 auto is 270mmhg which is 5.220 psi

BCNR33 A = 0.79kgcm2 and B = 0.85kgc2m which is 0.82kgcm2 (average) which is 11.6 psi

be sure to note, that ECR33 has dual stage boost, that is the std solenoid will bleed an additional 2psi above 4500rpm

so if the std actuator according to the nissan spec manual is 5psi for AUTO R33 GTST, then at 4500rpm+ to redline, you get 7psi minimum boost

so if the std actuator according to the nissan spec manual is 5psi for MANUAL R33 GTST, then at 4500rpm+ to redline, you get 9psi minimum boost

Edited by Galois

Have a look through the power thread mate if you want to make a set power level. If you put on even a catback and up your boost to say 12psi (safe limit for the turbo) you'll be on 160-185rwkw in an r34 gtt (depending on a bunch of stuff), so I'd imagine an r33 gtst won't be far off it.

I'm pulling 182.7RWKW from my manual R34 GT-T with just a 3" turbo-exhaust + Blitz FMIC (peaking at around 8.5psi, dropped off to 6psi by peak power) on what I've been told is a fairly conservative dyno - with a factory tune ... yeah - I was surprised too :geek:

I'm pulling 182.7RWKW from my manual R34 GT-T with just a 3" turbo-exhaust + Blitz FMIC (peaking at around 8.5psi, dropped off to 6psi by peak power) on what I've been told is a fairly conservative dyno - with a factory tune ... yeah - I was surprised too :geek:

jrm 182rwkw is about what i would expect from a car with you mods on an R34. I think willalls dyno was reading fairly true on that dyno day. my car made 327rwkw which is about what i would expect from the boost level i was running (only 20psi). People are just use to running on "happy" dynos...

I'm pulling 182.7RWKW from my manual R34 GT-T with just a 3" turbo-exhaust + Blitz FMIC (peaking at around 8.5psi, dropped off to 6psi by peak power) on what I've been told is a fairly conservative dyno - with a factory tune ... yeah - I was surprised too :P

That's high for such low boost, it seems ppl in the dyno thread need much higher boost to make that... I'm gonne get me a turbo back, this cat back is annoying lol.

What 3" system did you get?

The GReddy/Trust PE II on mine is nice and quiet for a cannon :D

I don't know what one I got to be honest... all I know is it works awesome. It sounds mean too! really raw compared to the four inch tip I had. I think I will put a resonator in still just to quieten it down a bit. It inly has a single muffler at the moment.

I think I will wait for a fuel pump before I install my boost T. Once those two are installed I might go for a dyno run.