SAU Community

Supra/ Skyline Go-karts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this is the deal...

Option 1

Book the track for ourselves for an hour and a half which will get everyone 3 races and maybe a final race as a competition but no promises. The track will be ours for the whole time so no other will join our groups.

Total cost is $900.00. If we have 20 people that makes it $45/ person. 20 ppl will allow 10/ race so we should have some good competition and very sore arms by the end of the hour and a half of racing.

Option 2

Everyone pays individually for 3 races.

Normal cost is $50/ person for 3 races. More than 10 ppl may get the price down to $45/ person + licenses.

This may have people from the general public involved which means potential young kids and slow races or we get kicked off.

Both options will require us to provide a deposit to hold a time for us. For this to work I will require all deposits to be paid by no later than tomorrow, 2nd July. This will allow time for the monies to clear and the club to provide the required deposit by Monday 5th July. Anytime after that we risk losing our desired morning races.

No confirmation will be made until I can confirm 20 ppl for the races. If we cannot make 20ppl I will discuss the options with those who have submitted their deposits about paying individually at the higher cost.

There will be no payments on the day!

Please send through your payment ($45.00/ person racing) and details with username and gokarts to the ACT supra club account below:

Account Name: ACT Supra Club Inc

BSB: 182-222

Account Number: 122885536

If we don’t receive the desired amount the event will be cancelled and anyone who put their hand up but did not pay will be placed on the club black list and risk involvement in future events between both clubs.

Thanks kat.

Im hoping all will see that option 1 is the obvious choice as we have the track to ourselves as well as the ease of monitoring the fixed amounts on our side.

well as always it seems the second we mention time to pay up we loose all communication with those expressing interest in this event.

I am willing to extend the time to this Thursday as Im sure most will be recieving their hard earned pay this week.

The risk involved with extending the date for payment means we may be able to hold our specific time slot in the morning. Alternatively I can push this back another week however i will still require payment by this Thursday.

Thankyou to those few that have paid even with short notice. I understand it may be hard however as no one apart from those who have paid have voiced their concerns about the short notice.

Im sorry if it seems blunt and unfair however most of you will understand the terrible risk involved with clubs paying for people not to show up.

Lets get this underway and enjoy some racing!

I'm not really sure what you expect when you gave people 2 days to pay. I guess others thought maybe it was too late?

I would also think the change of date hasn't done any favours.

Completely agree kat but as you know I must protect the club. If people won't pay then the club is at risk.

The short notice may have made things difficult for some but no one else has posted on here or sent me a pm. You did think it was short notice but still paid. I could only assume others did not have an issue as they did not say anything.

I don't believe changing the date has made a difference as others had put their hand up with the new date.

People I need information/ feedback to make this work. So please put a date forward or we may cancel this all together...

i vote for either the 31st July (Sat) or 1st August (Sun). this gives people plenty of notice/time to get funds organised and because it is further in advance you should get more people. i just hope they dont call an election between now and then otherwise im out!

-UPDATE-

There has been a lot of issues changing the date for the second time. we're now looking to simply show up and take our chances this Sunday 11th July.

For those who have paid, thankyou. Unfortunately there may be a small increase in cost as we wont recieve the group discount with diminished numbers. Ill will be talk to Ross today regarding those who have paid to see what the club can do. People who show up on the day will pay direct to the go-karts at full cost.

If this conflicts with any plans and you cannot make it please let me know so i can arrange refunds.

thanks

We will be placing a deposit with Hume Karts this afternoon to hold the 10am spot this Sunday 11th July.

Our first race must start at 10am sharp to complete all our races and not delay their next booking. This means all attendees must be at hume karts by no later then 9.45am. We're able to have a maximum of 15 people race.

The current list of racers are:

1.ROSS

2.nathan

3.Frink

4.GTRKAT

5.Pete

6.MA70R

7.Jamie

8.Andrew

9.DriftGTS

10.Dustin

11.Nicole

This leaves only 4 places if anyone else would like join in.

All races will finish around 11.30am. Some will then be going to Kingo for lunch and a few drinks to finish the day. All those who could not make the racing are welcome to meet at the Kingo for lunch or a drink!

thanks guys,

Edited by natett