SAU Community

Anyone From Nz?

I was in Wairau Park today too at around 2.30pm! Didn't see any other v35 coupe or m35 though. Anyway, the v35 coupe is abit bumpier than a usual sedan, but still alright for me. After almost 3 months having it, I am still enjoying it as if it's the first day I got it! I am scheduling a service with City Nissan soon (sometime next week) so will update everyone on my experience with them.

The one I saw had deffinitely been lowered. It had the characteristic bucking hop that lowered cars get when they go over undulations in the road.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.... Just got City Nissan to do a service on the car and got them to check to ensure things are all ok... Overall it was a pleasant experience. Sent the car in at 9.15am and everything was done by 10.50am! Everything went well except that they can't fix the ticking sound coming from the rear right wheel as I don't have the lock nut to unscrew the aftermarket wheel nuts I have. They said the ticking sound is due to the slightly loose hubnut which just needs to be tighten so I guess I'll have to bring the car to a mag shop to sort it out.

Apart from this, all went well. They did quite a thorough check on everything and in the end I just needed an oil and filter change as everything else is in good shape.

Bill came up to slightly over $300. They gave me a 10% discount even though I don't have their preferred customer card (although I did applied for one online earlier but haven't receive the card).

Only thing to note is the engine oil they use was 10W40. I note that some in the forum is saying the Nissan recommended is 7.5W30 but they seems to be using 10W40 which I think is consistent with what other says Nissan service centers will use.

Other than this, nothing much to report basically. It's a good service but I'll probably only use them for major service going forward and the minor oil change services, i'll probably get them done in the workshop I usually send my previous car to get service mainly due to the price.

Hey guys.... need some pointers here.... Just took my car to mag n turbo and another wheel shop today in Manukau to get them to find a lock key to get my wheels off.

However, I was told that the lock nut that I have is a McGard lock nut and they don't sell the key by itself. Was told I basically need to get a new set of lock nuts in order for them to take the wheel out.

Mag n Turbo is charging $75 to remove the current nuts and $45 for a set of normal nuts or I can opt to get a new set of McGard for $280 in total and they can take the current set out and replace it.

The other shop was quoting me $20 to remove each wheel and around $100 for a set of new nuts.

Anyone here knows any shop that I can get just the key by itself in Auckland?

Help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mate, shouldn't the company which sold you the car be responsible enough to supply an appropriate lock key? I mean they ought to have used one to get compliance when the car got here so who lost it???

Or if the car did not come with one, then obviously the shop that did compliance has one to have been able to open it. Maybe go check with them, might pay to ask just to be able to use it to get the lock nuts off, shouldn't charge you for that since they did your compliance, uset he name of your dealer who sold the car. Remove your lock nuts and maybe have spares nuts or lock nuts to go on straight away.

Replace with new set of lock nuts.

Hey guys.... need some pointers here.... Just took my car to mag n turbo and another wheel shop today in Manukau to get them to find a lock key to get my wheels off.

However, I was told that the lock nut that I have is a McGard lock nut and they don't sell the key by itself. Was told I basically need to get a new set of lock nuts in order for them to take the wheel out.

Mag n Turbo is charging $75 to remove the current nuts and $45 for a set of normal nuts or I can opt to get a new set of McGard for $280 in total and they can take the current set out and replace it.

The other shop was quoting me $20 to remove each wheel and around $100 for a set of new nuts.

Anyone here knows any shop that I can get just the key by itself in Auckland?

Help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Chad, will upload a photo this weekend.

X - I will be paying my dealer a visit soon as he mentioned that he is keen to help me fix up the ticking sound due to the hubnut. Just that I've been so busy at work lately that I just can't get time to make a trip to the city during weekdays.

Kinda hoping that he has the key with him actually.

• 1 year later...

I filled up my M35 Stagea with Gull Force 10 the other day and it has a very rough idle now. Seems to run ok under load, but when there is little load on the motor or idling it's rough to the point of nearly stalling.

Anybody experienced anything similar? I plan on changing the fuel filter in case the new fuel has cleaned out some rubbish from the tank or lines and it's possibly clogging the filter in low fuel flow situations. I've only done about 100km on the fuel and it was filled from nearly empty...75lt went in when i filled it. The trip computer is indicating significantly better fuel economy too, not sure if this is the ECU adjusting to the new fuel or if it's actually that much better. The car has done about 147000km, i've done about 20000km over the last 2.5 years and not changed the fuel filter since i owned it.

I normally use Shell 95 octane petrol.

The rough idle problem seems to have sorted itself out. Took about 155km of the new fuel and it is idling ok now. Compared to when i was running Shell 95 it feels much more powerful. It always felt sluggish on hills and i just figured it was underpowered but now it barely loses any speed on hilly/undulating roads so i'm pretty happy with that. I think i'll stick to 98 fuel despite it being more expensive.

The trip computer seems to be reading quite optimistically with regard to fuel economy though. Maybe it needs to recalibrate...anybody seen similar results when changing fuel?

Is your M35 a normally aspirated or Turbo model? I've only used one tank of Gull Force 10 and it was fine, but being ethanol based, I'm scared to use it regularly on our n/a model for fear of damaging the fuel path components. I'm not sure if we're OK with that or not. I've seen at least one other Kiwi here swearing by its use, and others warning against it due to the higher than usual fuel pressures in the n/a Direct Injection system. Only the 2.5L and 3L n/a models are direct injected and aren't sold in Aussie AFAIK.

My M35 is n/a. Yeah, i searched and read as much as i could on these forums about the Gull fuel to see what the consensus was but i'm still not sure from what others here have reported. I think i'll stick to 98 but not necessarily the Gull Force 10. May have to look for a BP or Mobil that sells it locally.

One of the biggest issues with our Di motors is the huge carbon build-up that occurs in the inlet plenum, runners and behind the valves etc. Chad Bob in this forum covered this really well in the V35 forum and there's been plenty of feedback in this area. It seems to become quite a problem as the kms increase, and seems to be an issue with all Di engines. Our Stag is at 103K and fuel economy is dreadful now. She's crying out for a good service which I hope to arrange soon. If you haven't had a good read, I'd recommend it. I wonder if Gull's Force 10 helps to avoid this build-up as one owner felt it had helped in this area. I tried using Subaru's upper cylinder cleaner, expecting clouds of smoke, and saw pretty much nothing come out the exhaust.

I read the thread re carbon build up in the plenum and runners etc about 18 months ago. I attempted the 'clean out procedure' ages ago but didn't get far. I don't really have the right tools for it. The Nissan dealers were going to charge me upwards of $700 for the job so i passed on it. Wouldn't mind trying it again

I also tried the Subaru cleaner with the same result as you. My car has 148,000km on it now. I've only done about 21000km in the last 2.5 years (i live 5km from work) and haven't noticed the economy change at all in that time. It has always been quite thirsty for a hi-tech 2.5lt engine in my opinion...but i'm used to it now. I get about 9-10km per litre for mainly around town and the occasional longer trip around Auckland. On a return trip to Wellington i got about 11km/lt...not much better really, but that was running 95 octane. Perhaps 98 would give me better performance and economy. Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys!

Chris from Wavetech Imports here.

Just wanted to give a heads-up that we have launched a new dedicated website for the GROM & Anycar Link range.

These products these allow iPod or USB integration to the factory radio... there is Bluetooth versions available too!

We have versions available for a wide variety of vehicles including the Nissan Skyline radios.

Anyway, the website is...

http://www.anycarlink.co.nz

It allows shipping to New Zealand & Australia! Cheap prices and cheap shipping.

Thanks,

Chris

Wavetech Imports

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've just bought another Skyline about 2 weeks ago. I have a 2006 V36 Sedan 350GT....Loving it!!

I'm in East Auckland (Howick area)...

I'm looking for some good places to go to change my mufflers at the moment...so let me know?

No doubt I will be posting and looking on a daily basis.....Nice to be part of the Kiwi contingent.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

For the moment I am a proud owner of 2 Skylines ;-). An R34 GTT in Suva and a 2006 V36, 350GT in Wellington.

I am currently in Wellington.

I think I might have a speed guage issue. Any recommendations for a good workshop in Wellington who can take a look at it?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm.... it's been pretty quiet on the NZ front lately... how's everyone? Hopefully everyone is well. Anyway, saw a red v35 coupe in Slyvia Park today. DPA63. Are you here?

Hi everyone! Took me long enough to stumble across this GREAT forum - and yes, DPA63 is me :)

My name is Isaac and I have been a proud 350GT/V35 owner since August 2006, an early adopter I guess? After changing to some Work Meisters within a month or so of owning it, I have left it pretty much standard since.

Anyway came across this forum whilst searching for audio solutions for this car - got a whole heap of questions as I am confused by all the variations available: JDM/Sat Nav/Bose etc etc....Can anyone in NZ help? I should probably read the FAQ first and then post up an individual thread?

Just saying hi and would love to see pics of everyone's cars!

post-104973-0-65003400-1356700145_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I have been away from this forum for ages as work and other commitments has taken quite a bit of my usual days' time! I am glad there are so many Kiwis now keeping this thread alive and is even happier seeing so many proud Nissan Skyline / Stagea owners here!

It's been almost 3 years since I first own my V35 coupe and I have to say that I am still loving it. It's probably one of the best car I have owned myself and for that price range I paid for the car, I still struggle to find another car up that I will get instead of the v35 until today!

However, it's probably coming to a time when the v36 is getting more affordable and I am now thinking of upgrading to a v36 coupe! I imported my v35 myself through an agent previously and although things can get a bit more troublesome and the 6 to 8 weeks of waiting time can be hard to pass, it is probably a way that I have to use due to my budget constraint.

Have anyone imported a vehicle through some of those import agents before? I know Dave (Spong) has done a fair bit of importing himself so Dave, your advise will be invaluable! I have been doing some research and found some agents both locally and in Australia. I have created a post earlier but thought I might have better luck through this post to get some advise from those based in New Zealand.

Any advise and feedback on your experience with the agents you have used will be most appreciated!

As for the earlier questions on where to get your v35 or m35 serviced, I started off by sending them back to Nissan for my service. But recently I found the Mag and Turbo in Manukau close to where I work is pretty good! They seems to have a good understanding on the car and is willing to use better oil for the service while Nissan usually just sticks with their standard oil. Not too sure about Wellington but probably try to be in contact with Nissan and see if they can help.

Isaac, what's your issue with your audio? There are pretty good posts in the forum about the sound system and sat nav. Chris Rodgers apparently is an expert in that! I know they were working on trying to get the sat nav to work and have got one working for the S1 but not too sure where they are at with the S2.

Thanks!

'However, it's probably coming to a time when the v36 is getting more affordable and I am now thinking of upgrading to a v36 coupe!'

What? Get rid of the V35? I hope you get the Nav DVD in your next then ! ;-)

Hey Guys,

Didn't know there's a thread here for Nzer. Well Im from Chc and own a pnm35, saw a few Stagea's here but mostly driven by middle aged men lol. How is everybody?