SAU Community

Anyone From Nz?

Yeah... all good mate! :huh:

Now just looking fwd to getting some reverse sensors in. It's really quite hard to do a side parking now as it's virtually near impossible to see what's at the back with the coupe's big bumper at the back....

Also, got my insurance all sorted with AMI. I have to say, I am pretty surprise by the cost of the insurance which is definitely much lower than what I expect esp after seeing how the Aussies got charged over there!

Seems like everything including car prices are hugely higher in Aussie

What sort of reversing sensors are you getting

I was thinking about getting a wireless remote camera that can run with my gps

I have reverse sensors on my car and they are a bit of a pain

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everything including car prices are hugely higher in Aussie

What sort of reversing sensors are you getting

I was thinking about getting a wireless remote camera that can run with my gps

I have reverse sensors on my car and they are a bit of a pain

I was initially thinking of a camera as well as I was hoping I can hook it to the car's tv screen. But someone in this forum was saying those camera is really unreliable and some can go dead after a few times reversing (because it will get on and off quickly everytime u move the gear from P to D.

I had a set of sensors in my previous car which I got fr trademe. They are generally pretty good except during really cold n wet days when they will just not work because of the water molecules in the air I guess which affects the sensors.

But apart from this, my previous set which I got for around $100 worked really well! SO was thinking of getting something similar but instead of 4 sensors for the back, i m keen 2 add 2 more at the front.

Did ur sensors came with the car or u installed it yourself?

I was initially thinking of a camera as well as I was hoping I can hook it to the car's tv screen. But someone in this forum was saying those camera is really unreliable and some can go dead after a few times reversing (because it will get on and off quickly everytime u move the gear from P to D.

I had a set of sensors in my previous car which I got fr trademe. They are generally pretty good except during really cold n wet days when they will just not work because of the water molecules in the air I guess which affects the sensors.

But apart from this, my previous set which I got for around $100 worked really well! SO was thinking of getting something similar but instead of 4 sensors for the back, i m keen 2 add 2 more at the front.

Did ur sensors came with the car or u installed it yourself?

Nope its a work vehicle and they came with it, I think 4 is a good idea tho as you can then cover the corners too and not just immediately behind you otherwise you are just as likely to smack into something on the corner which is a bit of a dead spot for view also

Nope its a work vehicle and they came with it, I think 4 is a good idea tho as you can then cover the corners too and not just immediately behind you otherwise you are just as likely to smack into something on the corner which is a bit of a dead spot for view also

Ic... yeah, my previous Toyota has a stock one too which has only 2 sensors. Not the best I would say... it still does its job when reversing into a parking but just need 2 be extra careful if i m turning in coz the side is not too well covered.

I'll be getting at least 4 sensors. It's just another $25 for 2 extra ones at the front, so I might just add tat. Just a little concern in terms of the look of the sensors at the front. :(

Just called the guy, as he said he has over 40 colours available, he is keen to see the car to check if he has the colour b4 i decide on the need to spray the sensors. Hopefully he has one set tat matches to save me the trouble. :ermm:

Anyway, if u guys are keen on this, I'll update you all once i have it installed to see how things go! Based on past experience, the sensor performs worst during winters bcoz of the rain n moisture in the air. On summer, it's usually sweet as!

Ic... yeah, my previous Toyota has a stock one too which has only 2 sensors. Not the best I would say... it still does its job when reversing into a parking but just need 2 be extra careful if i m turning in coz the side is not too well covered.

I'll be getting at least 4 sensors. It's just another $25 for 2 extra ones at the front, so I might just add tat. Just a little concern in terms of the look of the sensors at the front. :(

Just called the guy, as he said he has over 40 colours available, he is keen to see the car to check if he has the colour b4 i decide on the need to spray the sensors. Hopefully he has one set tat matches to save me the trouble. :ermm:

Anyway, if u guys are keen on this, I'll update you all once i have it installed to see how things go! Based on past experience, the sensor performs worst during winters bcoz of the rain n moisture in the air. On summer, it's usually sweet as!

Yes Thanks would be interesting to see how they perform and mite get some too

The ones on my work car are pretty standard but rain doesnt seem to affect them

They have installed one each side onlyy slightly around the corner, more on the back than the side

I think if you put them too far around on the side they will be beeping all the time as they will register side fences etc

Colour coded ones seem the best, are you sure that the clear laquer wont cut back their range tho

Yes Thanks would be interesting to see how they perform and mite get some too

The ones on my work car are pretty standard but rain doesnt seem to affect them

They have installed one each side onlyy slightly around the corner, more on the back than the side

I think if you put them too far around on the side they will be beeping all the time as they will register side fences etc

Colour coded ones seem the best, are you sure that the clear laquer wont cut back their range tho

Yup! Will keep everyone updated on progress! Not too sure if a layer of clear coat will affect the range or not. Will ask the installer b4 deciding.

hi guys another kiwi here jusy got myself a 300gt first time skyline owner and am amazed at the ride quality and power of these cars cool to see other kiwis on here

Hi Pat and welcome. Well done for showing such good taste in your choice of ride. You should find lots of useful info here.

hi guys another kiwi here jusy got myself a 300gt first time skyline owner and am amazed at the ride quality and power of these cars cool to see other kiwis on here

Hey Pat! Welcome to the group mate! I am a 1st time Skyline owner myself too and has nothing but great words to say about the car! Just awesome esp considering the price of the car. Doubt there's anything in the market at its price range that can better the car! Looking forward to seeing some photos of your car mate! Cheers!

Hey Pat, welcome along buddy. You must be a happy guy now. Keen to see your car and details of it mate.

Hey Pat, welcome along buddy. You must be a happy guy now. Keen to see your car and details of it mate.

cheers guy will put some up as soon as i suss things out you guys are right about your bang for ya buck they really are streets ahead of anything else out there

Hi Pat, welcome and congrats. on your purchase. Same motor as my stag, awesome, smooth and powerful. Enjoy!

Hey guys , just noticed this thread while doing a search for stero's from the Stagea thread i normally look on - and found all this kiwi chat :P

ive had my stagea now for about 4 months and love it , heaps of room for my two Golden Retreivers in the back .

The car is a 2.5 non turbo M35 S1 Axis model - im lucky if i see 1 stag a week on the roads , rare which keeps them special :P

Anyway been looking for a Double din conversion face plate as ive been looking to change the stereo so i can play my ipod and control it through the head unit , not having much luck .. got quoted $600 for the face plate which incorporates the A/C unit , mine is the non bose and no sat nav - and yes agree to get the stacker out looks to be a mission !!

on the gas note earlier in the thread - mine pinked a little on 95 ron so changed to Gull 98 - cleaned out all the crap i think , tail pipes look near soot free and goes very well now , been using it for the last 7k and no issues , so can only asume the gull has cleaned out the carbon build up issue

good kiwi thread ;)

Hey guys , just noticed this thread while doing a search for stero's from the Stagea thread i normally look on - and found all this kiwi chat :P

ive had my stagea now for about 4 months and love it , heaps of room for my two Golden Retreivers in the back .

The car is a 2.5 non turbo M35 S1 Axis model - im lucky if i see 1 stag a week on the roads , rare which keeps them special :P

Anyway been looking for a Double din conversion face plate as ive been looking to change the stereo so i can play my ipod and control it through the head unit , not having much luck .. got quoted $600 for the face plate which incorporates the A/C unit , mine is the non bose and no sat nav - and yes agree to get the stacker out looks to be a mission !!

on the gas note earlier in the thread - mine pinked a little on 95 ron so changed to Gull 98 - cleaned out all the crap i think , tail pipes look near soot free and goes very well now , been using it for the last 7k and no issues , so can only asume the gull has cleaned out the carbon build up issue

good kiwi thread ;)

Hey James, welcome to the kiwi thread! Nice looking stag you have there. I'm noticing more and more now that I have one and there are a few for sale so expect more around. Good thing is they'll never be as common as the other wagons and they're better than most.

I've found a local solution for Ipod & aux audio into the main deck and I will be instaling this shortly so will report more soon. It's called the Anycar link and is available for our cars. It plugs into the back of the CD changer as they have a second unused input, and alows you to run everything, including the CD changer. The guy is in Chch and lists on trade, me. He has been really helpful even sending me photos to assist instalation. It is a really good solution, give it a google to check it out. I'll get more details for you soon as I have to go now.

Oh and yes 98 ron is the way to go with these!

Cheers.

Hey James, welcome to the kiwi thread! Nice looking stag you have there. I'm noticing more and more now that I have one and there are a few for sale so expect more around. Good thing is they'll never be as common as the other wagons and they're better than most.

I've found a local solution for Ipod & aux audio into the main deck and I will be instaling this shortly so will report more soon. It's called the Anycar link and is available for our cars. It plugs into the back of the CD changer as they have a second unused input, and alows you to run everything, including the CD changer. The guy is in Chch and lists on trade, me. He has been really helpful even sending me photos to assist instalation. It is a really good solution, give it a google to check it out. I'll get more details for you soon as I have to go now.

Oh and yes 98 ron is the way to go with these!

Cheers.

Hey , Dont know about you but i see guys look at you in the car parks and highways as to say " what is that car ' Lol it really does suit my size issue i had for my dogs without going hilux size , its comfy , quiet and they are stylish , thought about a E39 BMW touring but are smaller in the back. One thing im not too keen on though is the Auto box in Tip tronic .. doesent seem to be instant.

Ive just seen the Anycar on TM and this could be a nice alternative , was thinking of running the ipod cable through the tunnel to the arm rest , buying a universal apple dock for the pod to sit in .. this would only really work though if the song plays came up on the screen of the OE deck though ..

Very very interested in anymore info you have on it :( did the guy say the deck needs to come out to install this ? thats my only concern is dismantling all that consule area to get to the back of the deck !!

I cant see the brand Anycar on the net though .. no official website.

On the gas subject ,when i 1st got the car a guy was filling up his stag in the forecourt and he was using 91 !! asked him if it was Ok and he said it was , dident fancy the idea myself though .. 95 was bad enough ..

There should be a Kiwi section for M35 and V35 owners me thinks :P

Hey James! Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I was hoping that this thread will actually pull us Kiwis together in this forum and discuss NZ specific stuff for our v35 and m35! So far, gotta say I've met a lot of nice ppl here! :P

Anyway, I think I read in another thread that Chris Rogers has some single and double din face plate for the S1 v35 which i think is the same for the m35... not 100% sure so perhaps it's worth checking wif him.

As for fuel, I've been fueling mine with 98 so far as well... Mobil is having that 8c off promo with a car wash so it's pretty good if u need to get a car wash. So James, you've been filling ur car with Gull's 98? Isn't that the one with the bio-fuel or is this a different one that Gull is offering? I've only used Gull once in my previous Mazda 6 but saw that since it's a bio-fuel, not all cars can use it n hence I've stopped since then.

Hey Mike, good news finding this Anycar link.... do update us on how things go! This could be something great for the stereo! :(

On the gas subject ,when i 1st got the car a guy was filling up his stag in the forecourt and he was using 91 !! asked him if it was Ok and he said it was , dident fancy the idea myself though .. 95 was bad enough ..

Haha... don't think I want to put 91 in mine definitely.... ;)

Yeah, there's really no section for us Kiwi.... so this thread so far is probably closest to what we have! :(

As for the auto tiptronic, mine seems to be all ok! I think response is good enuff.... I've occasionally put it on manual when I have a clear road ahead in front of a set of lights! :D

Hey , Dont know about you but i see guys look at you in the car parks and highways as to say " what is that car ' Lol it really does suit my size issue i had for my dogs without going hilux size , its comfy , quiet and they are stylish , thought about a E39 BMW touring but are smaller in the back. One thing im not too keen on though is the Auto box in Tip tronic .. doesent seem to be instant.

Ive just seen the Anycar on TM and this could be a nice alternative , was thinking of running the ipod cable through the tunnel to the arm rest , buying a universal apple dock for the pod to sit in .. this would only really work though if the song plays came up on the screen of the OE deck though ..

Very very interested in anymore info you have on it :( did the guy say the deck needs to come out to install this ? thats my only concern is dismantling all that consule area to get to the back of the deck !!

I cant see the brand Anycar on the net though .. no official website.

Ha ha yep plenty of puzzled looks. Had a few ask me about it, one guy stopped me in a car park to ask me as he was considering one himself. I'm certainly very happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone (tip tronic aside, I don't use it for that reason).

As for the ipod dock, it does require instalation into the back of the deck. This does look to be a big job but there is good information and pics both here and at G35.com. I've had a good look through and and a poke around the dash and intend on getting it done one day next week. If your handy with tools it shouldn't be a prob. just got to plan well so no surprises.

The unit does not display song info on the car deck, only on your ipod. It does charge the ipod though and your steering wheel controls work also, if you have this. You access the input by pushing the disc button once for CD then again for ipod, the main deck display just shows disk 1 song 1 as if a CD. The model I got was for our nissan and is AL-1080D. This also has a 3.5mm aux input which I will use for the rear DVD player, if I want to hear it, and if I want I can plug a minidisc or similar into this as well. It has a button on the unit to change between inputs. I've got kids so DVD is useful but I doubt your dogs need DVD ;) .

Here's the link: http://www.anycarlink.com/

For me this covered all bases and retained all standard features. As for playing the DVD thru the factory front screen that will require the AV lead from Chris Rodgers (on this site) and will plug into the TV tuner box in the rear (NTSC required). Actually Chris has everything you need to do whatever with these, sometimes it's just a pity he's over there. You should talk with him about options.

And a combined kiwi section sounds good too...probably won't happen though and as our cars are essentially the same you'll have to spend as much time in this V section as well gathering info.

Cheers.