SAU Community

Anyone From Nz?

Oh Mike, I should have waited until you upgraded your wheels and bought yours off you! My RX250 Four has the fugly 16" wheels with awful 65 profile tyres, and I bought a set of factory 17" rims like yours to fit when I need new tyres. At least they were cheap. BTW, I was looking at cars for auction at Turners, Rosedale Rd yesterday and saw this 2003 Stag 250RS

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Ca...px?RefID=780977

It's one of the few I've seen with the cargo barrier net supplied. I wonder if they'd sell it separately? It's quite a tidy car except for a few supermarket scrapes.

Your neighbour shows impeccable taste. I took a friend out in ours today, and he's now seriously considering a S2 RX350.

Hey Dave and Mike, great news to see u guys are pulling more n more ppl into the M35 n V35 family! Well, my car comes with a set of after market 18" rims. I think they look good except that it's probably a little "high profile" especially with blue studs! :P I kinda like the stock rims actually as they look classier.

Dave, are you looking at getting another stag? :D I was in Turners the other day with my Atenza's buyer to get Turners Finance to check the car for the buyer's finance. They had an auction going there so had my first experience seeing some bidding wars. There was another Atenza that has 2 guys bidding hard for it. There was another Primera on auction but didn't get to see any v35 n m35 there though.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, are you looking at getting another stag? :P I was in Turners the other day with my Atenza's buyer to get Turners Finance to check the car for the buyer's finance. They had an auction going there so had my first experience seeing some bidding wars. There was another Atenza that has 2 guys bidding hard for it. There was another Primera on auction but didn't get to see any v35 n m35 there though.

No, not looking for another Stag, but may look at updating my 1998 Cefiro to something smaller, then my wife can use it, and I can take the Stag as my usual driver. Only problem is the Cefiro is still a great car, with only 70,000km and the smooth VQ25DE motor. When I imported it 7 years ago, it only had 15,000km and still had that "new car" smell. I'm reluctant to change it.

Latest update again.... Car is sitting in the yard waiting for me to collect and get it registered now... Unfortunately... yes, unfortunately, I can't be there to collect it!

Here's the story. I got someone to come n install a heat pump so took half a day off work to be at home. Had the guy scheduled to come over at 12.30pm and he said he'll be done by 3.30pm and I thought I can get into the city in time for the car. Then, the guy showed up an hour late and worse, he only brought the internal unit and left the external unit in the shop!!!! Unbelievable!

So off he went to get the external unit and by the time he comes back n start work, it's already 2.30pm!!! And here I am still sitting in front of my computer waiting for him to get the unit installed... and so it's another 1 night to go before I can get the car!

Gonna wake up early tomorrow and get the car ASAP!!! Just unbelievable.... it's like there's a conspiracy in place to stop me from getting the car before a full 7 weeks of waiting!

Edited by win4ever

Well this is favorite picture of my stagy, I wanted new rims until I saw this pic and now I rather like the way it looks on the stock 17" rims:

Stag.jpg

Mod wise, one weekend I unbolted the rear silencer (two bolt flange, you can easily get to it from the back without jacking the car up) then I took it for a drive, it sounded like a Lamborghini, thats what the guy at the BP station said anyway, really deep and that VQ off beat roar is delicious. Funny enough it's not too loud with the silencer gone! Would probably get through a WOF on noise levels. So I have had a long term plan to replace the silencer with a straight pipe and stock looking tips.

The next mod I had planned was when the stock shock absorbers give up I'd like to drop the car 40mm or so on some decent springs and Bilstein shocks, should meake it corner nicely whilst retaining it's comfort levels.

PS: For the Kiwis, that pic was taken at cape Pallisar in the Wairarapa

Edited by chad bob

Hey Chad, nice looking Stag in red mate!

Anyway, finally, I've got my ride!!! Collected it this morning! Took it for a spin from Botany to Maraetai Beach but turned back halfway as there were road works. It felt AWESOME! So much more power compared to my now "little" Atenza and cornering was superb! Loving it!!!

So, here's a photo of the car!

post-73395-1279954964_thumb.jpg

Well this is favorite picture of my stagy, I wanted new rims until I saw this pic and now I rather like the way it looks on the stock 17" rims:

PS: For the Kiwis, that pic was taken at cape Pallisar in the Wairarapa

Hey Chad bob, have you Photoshoped your reg plate out of the picture? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the M35, like the older WGC34 have aged very well.

Anyway, finally, I've got my ride!!! Collected it this morning! Took it for a spin from Botany to Maraetai Beach but turned back halfway as there were road works. It felt AWESOME! So much more power compared to my now "little" Atenza and cornering was superb! Loving it!!!

I'm very envious of you mate. I think if I owned that car, I'd immediately feel 20 years younger. I bet the Atenza would feel like a shopping trolley now... Looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get a chance.

Thats a sweet V35 Mate!

The rims are classy, they really suit the car.

Thanks Chad! Yeah.... from the auction photos, I didn't quite like the rims and prefered the stock ones. But today, after seeing the real thing in more detail (as I didn't get to see the rim too well when I test drove the car coz it was during a late evening), I am beginning to love it! :(

I'm very envious of you mate. I think if I owned that car, I'd immediately feel 20 years younger. I bet the Atenza would feel like a shopping trolley now... Looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get a chance.

Thanks Dave! Yeah, after a few corners on Whitford Rd today, definitely felt the power and handling of the v35 to be much much better than the Atenza! So happy with the car now and really glad that the waiting is over! You were right, it's definitely worth the wait! :mad:

Only worries today was when I called Towers and they decided to slap a $1k excess on the car due to it being a sports car!!! But that's sorted now. Managed to get it covered by AMI without issue now and at a cheaper price as well! :(

Hey Chad, nice looking Stag in red mate!

Wow Loh that looks great. I do love the shape of the V, it looks so much more serious than a 350Z. I think all our cars still look totally modern, definitely a before their time design as they have not aged at all. And your mags suit it very well, they look factory and very classy.

Chad thats a great angle for a stag photo too and I have to agree our standard 17" mags are some of the best around, it would be tough to find better without spending a fortune. That's the same colour my neighbour just got, it looked awesome in the sun today. Photos, although look great, just don't do that colour justice it's wicked in the flesh.

Dave, I would have gladly done a deal with you on my wheels but the reality is it would be a long way off. And you got yourself such a great score with the set you found. As above, I really like these stock rims and the more angles/photos I see the more I like them so it may never happen. Also the tires on the car now are almost new, very quiet and seem to stick well so it's almost impossible to justify a change. :thumbsup:

Oh and thanks for spotting the cargo net Dave, I just might give them a call and try it on! :thumbsup: No harm in asking!

Hey Chad, you seen those spring sets for our car on trade me. Jamex superlows @ 45mm lower and for $299. Seems a reasonable price although 45mm would be a big drop, I think I'd be happy with 30mm but I'd like to see it in the flesh first.

Thanks Dave! Yeah, after a few corners on Whitford Rd today, definitely felt the power and handling of the v35 to be much much better than the Atenza! So happy with the car now and really glad that the waiting is over! You were right, it's definitely worth the wait! :D

Only worries today was when I called Towers and they decided to slap a $1k excess on the car due to it being a sports car!!! But that's sorted now. Managed to get it covered by AMI without issue now and at a cheaper price as well! :thumbsup:

Heh Loh, just wondering what colour your V35 is. In the photo it looks blue, but probably lighter than mine which is colour code B21 (from the VIN plate under the bonnet). Actually, if you'd like to give me your chassis number, I can put it through FAST and give you some basic details on your car. I have discs for most JDM Nissans up to 2009. The chassis no. for my Stag for example is NM35-550652

While on the subject, if you go to www.carjam.co.nz and enter your number plate, it comes back with some quite interesting info on any car in NZ, like when each WOF was done, kms at the time, WOF and reg expiry etc, estimated auction value etc. If you pay some money, you'll get more details on history etc.

I found some of my old cars there, and found some that had been scrapped. Even found my old 1974 Honda 500-4.

Mike, the Stag with the cargo net is being auctioned on behalf of a wholesale importer who sells cars through Turners. It's possible Turners could put you in contact with the importer. I was tempted, but I think I maybe able to modify the one I still have from my S1 Stag.

I know what you mean about the wheels. I haven't seen any I like better than the stock 17" ones. I'll be storing mine until I wear my 16" tyres out, which could be quite a while. Maybe I should take up drifting?

Edited by Spong

Heh Loh, just wondering what colour your V35 is. In the photo it looks blue, but probably lighter than mine which is colour code B21 (from the VIN plate under the bonnet). Actually, if you'd like to give me your chassis number, I can put it through FAST and give you some basic details on your car. I have discs for most JDM Nissans up to 2009. The chassis no. for my Stag for example is NM35-550652

While on the subject, if you go to www.carjam.co.nz and enter your number plate, it comes back with some quite interesting info on any car in NZ, like when each WOF was done, kms at the time, WOF and reg expiry etc, estimated auction value etc. If you pay some money, you'll get more details on history etc.

I found some of my old cars there, and found some that had been scrapped. Even found my old 1974 Honda 500-4.

Mike, the Stag with the cargo net is being auctioned on behalf of a wholesale importer who sells cars through Turners. It's possible Turners could put you in contact with the importer. I was tempted, but I think I maybe able to modify the one I still have from my S1 Stag.

I know what you mean about the wheels. I haven't seen any I like better than the stock 17" ones. I'll be storing mine until I wear my 16" tyres out, which could be quite a while. Maybe I should take up drifting?

Lol yeah drifting...nice! That just cracked me up and not because I think you couldn't. I think I'll join ya! Lets find a deserted roundabout one saturday night and practise :D .

Yeah I like the stock rims, I might keep them on. I just think the 215/55 tyres are a little thin looking, especially from the rear.

I believe a 235/50 will have the closest rolling radius and might give a better stance so I'll check some options out when it's time.

I might just sniff around re. the cargo net next week also, the only thing that would hold me back on what I'd pay is the colour. But like you said, they don't appear very often.

And thanks for the carjam link, that is just so good. I think I'll go waste an hour or two there now :thumbsup:

Edited by Blade NZ

Hey Dave,

The colour of the car is listed as grey in the auction sheet but the compliance centre where it got complied list it as blue. :thumbsup: So I myself is not too sure of the colour. I do like it though and would say it's greyish blue! :) Anyway, here's a photo from the auction sheet. Any idea what colour is this based on Nissan? I haven't seen a single v35 coupe here with this colour and so far in the forum, I've only seen 1 in the v35 photos thread although I do see quite a few sedans with that colour.

I've also PM you my VIN number and would be great if you can give me some details. :) Also, thanks for the carjam site. Had a look and noticed they got my car listed as a sedan instead!!! :D Is the details linked directly to the land transport details? If it is, I might need to update them! I got this lady today in AA doing the rego who looks rather lost and confused (suspect she's a new starter or something).

post-73395-1279988437_thumb.jpg

Wow Loh that looks great. I do love the shape of the V, it looks so much more serious than a 350Z. I think all our cars still look totally modern, definitely a before their time design as they have not aged at all. And your mags suit it very well, they look factory and very classy.

Chad thats a great angle for a stag photo too and I have to agree our standard 17" mags are some of the best around, it would be tough to find better without spending a fortune. That's the same colour my neighbour just got, it looked awesome in the sun today. Photos, although look great, just don't do that colour justice it's wicked in the flesh.

Dave, I would have gladly done a deal with you on my wheels but the reality is it would be a long way off. And you got yourself such a great score with the set you found. As above, I really like these stock rims and the more angles/photos I see the more I like them so it may never happen. Also the tires on the car now are almost new, very quiet and seem to stick well so it's almost impossible to justify a change. :)

Thanks Mike! Yeah... loving the car and I do agree with you that I do think the v35 looks better than the 350Z and is definitely more practical being a 4 seater. I am actually quite amazed by the leg room of the rear seats when I went to test drive a "sample" before I bought the car! And yes, can definitely see Nissan has put in a lot of effort on our cars! The attention to details on some of the things are just incredible. I just love the entire dashboard console. Looks really modern and classy!

As for the stock rims, they look awesome and yes, probably one of the best I've seen. That's the reason why when I saw my car initially in the auction sheet, I was thinking "it would have been better if it has stock rims instead... and a sunroof would have been a big bonus too! :D "

But like i said in my earlier post, after seeing my set of rims, i think they are great and I am starting to fall in love with it! :thumbsup:

Hey guys, thought I'll give a bit more details on some features I note in the car after 1 day of driving it:-

1) I have a japanese girl talking to me after awhile everytime I start the car (usually when I put it into gear). Wondering what she's saying. Does anyone have the same experience?

2) On the sun visor on both side, I can pull a plastic flap out towards the center. Any idea what's the use?

3) I don't think my car has the Sat Nav DVD in the DVD drive. I tried pressing the eject button on the DVD drive and it gave a response as though it's trying to eject a disc but nothing came out. So I assume there's none. Could that be the reason why the japanese girl is talking with me?

4) Car came with 2 spare keys on the service manual together with the metal piece showing the immobiliser code. So kinda happy as it'll save me $$$ needing to get to Nissan to get a spare made!

5) Loving the telescoping steering and how the entire dashboard can be adjusted for height together with the steering wheel! Gotta say that's a super neat feature!

6) My dealer said he has done a first service (basically just oil and filter change). I note that my power steering fluid looks abit low (still above minimum level) and the colour looks brownish. Is the colour normal? I was thinking of getting some to top it up a bit until the next service when I'll probably get the mechanic to do a proper flush and top up. Any idea what type of fluid I'll need?

Any help on some of the above questions will be most appreciated!

Cheers!

Hey guys, thought I'll give a bit more details on some features I note in the car after 1 day of driving it:-

1) I have a japanese girl talking to me after awhile everytime I start the car (usually when I put it into gear). Wondering what she's saying. Does anyone have the same experience?

2) On the sun visor on both side, I can pull a plastic flap out towards the center. Any idea what's the use?

3) I don't think my car has the Sat Nav DVD in the DVD drive. I tried pressing the eject button on the DVD drive and it gave a response as though it's trying to eject a disc but nothing came out. So I assume there's none. Could that be the reason why the japanese girl is talking with me?

4) Car came with 2 spare keys on the service manual together with the metal piece showing the immobiliser code. So kinda happy as it'll save me $ needing to get to Nissan to get a spare made!

5) Loving the telescoping steering and how the entire dashboard can be adjusted for height together with the steering wheel! Gotta say that's a super neat feature!

6) My dealer said he has done a first service (basically just oil and filter change). I note that my power steering fluid looks abit low (still above minimum level) and the colour looks brownish. Is the colour normal? I was thinking of getting some to top it up a bit until the next service when I'll probably get the mechanic to do a proper flush and top up. Any idea what type of fluid I'll need?

Any help on some of the above questions will be most appreciated!

Cheers!

Can't answer all these questions, but when I leave my navigation DVD in the drive, the Japanese girl talks to me almost all the time if I have the screen up, and particularly at the fuel usage screen. I'm not sure, but I think there maybe a destination set in the navigator that she's still trying to get me too, and I don't know how to reset it. One thing I can say, she's got a lot more patience than I have. When I remove the DVD, she's silenced forever, all navigation/maps etc disappear, all navigation menus are greyed out, and only the TV/Service/Fuel/Bluetooth menus etc operate.

BTW, your car looks fantastic. Really love the colour too! I'd take a look at your air filter. That's one item that your dealer may not have bothered with, as they aren't as easy to remove and inspect as some cars. I bet some mechanics just leave them alone.

Edited by Spong

Can't answer all these questions, but when I leave my navigation DVD in the drive, the Japanese girl talks to me almost all the time if I have the screen up, and particularly at the fuel usage screen. I'm not sure, but I think there maybe a destination set in the navigator that she's still trying to get me too, and I don't know how to reset it. One thing I can say, she's got a lot more patience than I have. When I remove the DVD, she's silenced forever, all navigation/maps etc disappear, all navigation menus are greyed out, and only the TV/Service/Fuel/Bluetooth menus etc operate.

BTW, your car looks fantastic. Really love the colour too! I'd take a look at your air filter. That's one item that your dealer may not have bothered with, as they aren't as easy to remove and inspect as some cars. I bet some mechanics just leave them alone.

Thanks Dave for the suggestion! I am contemplating getting the car serviced by City Nissan just in case as I note the power steering fluid is a little low as well and because the jap girl is trying to tell me something... to bad I have no japanese friends else I'll get them to translate! :thumbsup: So it's something that is bugging me....

Anyway, i'll PM you some details soon.

Hey, look what I bought on Trademe today. Is this a good price or what - $152 for a set of mint Stagea 17" alloys?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=304633743

Crazy really, when I have another identical set sitting on the shelf waiting to install on my Stag to replace some sad 16's. Looks like I may have some nice wheels for my Cefiro too now. :P

BTW, if anyone is interested in connecting an Ipod or similar direct to your V35/M35 factory stereo, this cable being sold on Trademe for $30 looks a good option. However, using this you'll disconnect the factory TV tuner losing audio from the aux input of the TV tuner, so it's not for everyone.

See: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=304795862

Edited by Spong